Show some wooden yoyos you've made

Fusion 360 maybe.

2 Likes

To edit vector art, I’d try Inkscape though there might be something newer. The industry standard is Adobe Illustrator and there’s another non-free package from Affinity software that’s much cheaper to buy than even a month or two of Illustrator.

3 Likes

This imperial was a special request to match the butterfly. I like how it turned out.

28 Likes

Nice Imperial shape, @vegabomb. Imperial shape is one of the nicest looking and feeling in the hand IMO. Beats even the Bloodcell/RBC.

5 Likes

Looks gorgeous, and like it would be a joy to hold. Amazing work.

4 Likes

That is some fine, hand-crafted goodness @vegabomb

5 Likes

I made a maple harbinger with a hand turned yellow birch axle. It looks better in daylight.

31 Likes

@Glenacius_K It looks so smooth and beautiful! Well done.

1 Like

More experiments with engravings

24 Likes

I prefer the small round timber. JMHO.

3 Likes

If you make a version covered in squirrels and acorns, put me down as a heck-yes.

These look really clean! I’m surprised at how much fine detail the engraver can get into the wood.

3 Likes

Yeah, who would have thought my magnifying glass and the sun could be so precise!

3 Likes

What kind of laser engraver did you get? This is something I have considered looking into in the past, but never got off the starting line.

5 Likes

Glen and I use NEJE. Pretty inexpensive and does the job well. Not certain what Eric got but I’m interested.

6 Likes

Same. It’s an NEJE DK-8-KZ

4 Likes

This is the best deal I found:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NEJE-DK-8-KZ-1500mW-405nm-Print-Engraving-Carving-Machine-High-Speed-Mini-USB-Engraver-Carver-Automatic-DIY/978241730

4 Likes

Better pictures taken outside.

20220925_081311

27 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Another not yoyo.

I made a couple of pill kendamas from garden stakes I bought from my local hardware store. Not bad for junk timber!

20 Likes

How about a squirrel engraving and an acorn counterweight…? :chipmunk:

7 Likes