Show some wooden yoyos you've made

Yeah, the shavings got stuck in the collar and couldn’t escape so they just accumulated and rubbed against the yoyo. When I took it off and cleaned the bit for the other half, it was fine.

1 Like

You can still use the collar, just drill a little way, blow away the shavings and repeat until you have the full depth.

2 Likes

I’ll try that :+1:

2 Likes

The epoxy has finally cured and I’ve taken this little thing for a spin. It plays nice and smooth :sunglasses:.

34 Likes

Rad!

3 Likes

I made a red oak KNack and Bloocell today.

27 Likes

Those look amazing!

2 Likes

Today, I’m working four padauk and four purpleheart fixies.

24 Likes

I got some trades for a Purpleheart if you’re up for it!

2 Likes

I’d be up for that! Let me double check my work on the purpleheart once the epoxy cures tomorrow. Then I’ll post some specs so you can see if it’s the size/weight/profile you’d like.

2 Likes

Absolutely giddy,

3 Likes

Amyone interested in a red oak bundle consisting of a Harbinger, a KNack and a Bloodcell? Im aiming to make them all tomorrow.

5 Likes

Throw a cabal SPR kit in them and I got ya, lol.

Joking, and if I had the funds I’d be all over this.

That bundle will bring someone great joy.

2 Likes

Interested, but a third throw might price me out…

I experimented with inlays and a different shape on this dud. I could tell before finishing that it wouldn’t pass the QC test, so I thought I’d try something different with it.

18 Likes

Finally got some red oak? I remember you saying it was a little rare in your area. Did you find a local source?

3 Likes

Didn’t get as much time as planned. But I made this unnamed fixed axle. Its meant to do both 0A with some decent spin and catchzone for 1A elements. It’s surprisingly good.

16 Likes

Yeah! I managed to find some at my local hardware store. Its from a large panel made of thinner boards glued side by side. Its pretty good quality stuff.

5 Likes

This looks cool @Glenacius_K! I like the shape. Might I suggest names such as the “Spinworthy Broadwing” or “Spinworthy Hawk”? :feather::yo-yo::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I know that string sometimes gets a sweet/sour side where it responds easily on one throw and is slippy on the next as the string wraps in the opposite direction.

Do axles ever have sweet/sour sides? I’m trying to figure out if I’m dealing with string/humidity issues or something wood related. I’ve tried both a kot-n and a bulk cotton string and am getting the same result - alternating responsive and slippy throws.

1 Like