Show some wooden yoyos you've made

The issues Kyle didn’t like initially are that it doesn’t return well at low RPM and that string tricks are too responsive.

One bit of good news I got from him is that he really likes the KNack XL with the original response. He said is felt ‘like putting on a glove’ for him.

6 Likes

Thanks for your detailed feedback. Your white Survivalist was among my favourite feeling throws ever.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see what happens over time with it.

2 Likes

I’m excited to try my rainbow HDPE survivalist! The tracking updated today and it says it is finally booked to leave Australia. Hopefully another week or two!

3 Likes

Over the next four weeks, I’m going to focus purely on making KNacks out of the random yoyo blacks I have lying around.

Kyle keeps telling me there needs to be more KNacks out in the wild and I’m inclined to agree. You can hardly find a better fixed axle yoyo (not that I’m biased or anything).

I’m being indiscriminate here; if it can be a KNack then it will be a KNack.

Below I have purpleheart, hickory, cypress pine (spindle orientation), spectra and POM.

18 Likes

One more thing left to ask:

The POM KNack: should it be a solid KNack like the normal wood model? I mean no holloing out to make it lighter - SOLID.

What do you want to see?

• Glen, if you’re going to do this properly, it will need to be solid. I know It will likely be 100g or over, but it must be solid, I won’t have it any other way! SOLID, I SAY!!!
  • Err… Hollow it out to make it more palatable. Don’t be a madman. Nobody will buy it if it’s 100g or over, you insaner.

0 voters

4 Likes

Spent the morning making this. Sadly it didn’t want to play smooth with the grain aligned.

21 Likes

Maple & a cherry Ore-Yo

23 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

4 Likes

Milk

3 Likes

I was cleaning out my boxes that I saved to ship yo-yos in and found these

I can’t remember if I saved them for someone or they were just leftover

15 Likes

Picked up some wenge for the Bitterfly. :crossed_fingers:

18 Likes

Heck yeah! I’m excited!

4 Likes

Oh and be careful!

4 Likes

Ah, its not too bad. Just wear respiration protection.

5 Likes

I am 100% behind Kyle on this, the world needs more KNacks. When you pointed me toward the maple KNack for my 2022 yoyo I had no idea what an excellent recommendation that was.

10 Likes

I beleve yours is Cherry. Nice wood!

3 Likes

Yes it is. However, I apparently have a mental block because this is the second time you have corrected me on the wood. That is actually sad for me as before I started getting my hand oils and sweat on itC the yoyo was a perfect match for our American Cherry kitchen cabinets.

Hopefully by the end of 2022 it will stick with me that the KNack I’ve played all year is cherry. My apologies, my friend.

2 Likes

Wenge and bamboo pucks ready for the router.

18 Likes

I am positively giddy.

2 Likes