Show some wooden yoyos you've made

I caved and made a bearing Harbinger for someone who was asking for one constantly.

28 Likes

Simply beautiful.

5 Likes

Purple Heart? Any specs? Looks fun :purple_heart:

3 Likes

How do you get cabal guts?

2 Likes

That’s a truly amazing looking yo-yo. Wow

2 Likes

Is that a C-sized bearing?

2 Likes

Notorious. Absolute stunner.
That could be easily the new responsive hype.

2 Likes

I have one out of spotted gum, that I put a 1/2 spec in, and it’s a beautiful player and looker!

Not a Harbinger…

16 Likes

Same dimensions as a Harbinger and 57g.

2 Likes

It’s a half-spec C.

I can also take a full C and play unresponsive.

7 Likes

First attempt at making one. I’m nicknaming it the ‘slender man’ since it’s as skinny as the pocEHt but with a bigger diameter. You’d need to be in the nba to be able to snap start this one. Super strong spins with the 70+mm diameter. Weights 60g. Gonna try one out of a lighter wood to see if I can go sub 50g w/ the huge diameter.

19 Likes

I bet it is SUPER powerful @aironish!!!

1 Like

It is! Easiest fixed axle to spirit bomb that I’ve used so far. If you can palm a basketball I think going over 70mm diameter is worth a try :joy:

6 Likes

For me, maybe it would be the only fixed axle to do Spirit Bomb on…

Though, I don’t think it’s spin time holding me back.

2 Likes

Made another out of poplar. Same big diameter sitting in at 48-49 grams. It’s actually really good. Surprising myself here with these :joy:

16 Likes

I really like the shape. It’s very reminiscent of the A-RT Orphan.

4 Likes

Also, is that red oak? I really want to make some yoyos from that, but it isn’t available in Australia.

1 Like

I was just thinking yesterday if someone had used Hickory. How does it compare to the maple?

1 Like

I have no idea, it’s just from the hobby section of a hardware chain store here, so probably not anything special.

1 Like

Great work! Reminds me of certain Hildy Brothers throws.

2 Likes