Show Off Your Playmaxx/Proyo

You must have a great relationship with Dave or somebody who was heavily involved in the game back then…I never see much of what you’ve put pictures of for sale anywhere.

Gorgeous items by the way:) I’ve almost given up trying and searching for the holy grail items because I simply can’t find them so have stuck with collecting every variation of the bumble bee in plastic form. I still need some and have some nice ones

1 Like

17 Likes

Dave is a nice guy but he tends to come across as a bit of a curmudgeon sometimes. I wouldn’t take it personally. I send him lists of Tom Kuhn stuff I’m looking for every once in a while and suggest that you do the same. It’s easier than providing a vague ask and hoping he remembers when sorting through his rather vast collection.

6 Likes

Weird, replying to my own post.

Finally got my Cold Fusion up and running. Replaced the battery and the band so I can actually wear it.

Picked this up on EBay close to 20 years ago

13 Likes

I’ve been a casual collector of Playmaxx/Proyo since the original Proyo was released. Over the years I’ve seen a lot of limited releases that don’t have a lot of documentation (e.g. the Black Beauty Cold Fusion LE GT I listed on eBay). Every once in a while I come across something that I don’t know the origin of.

I came across this odd Stunt Pilot a few weeks back. It’s odd for a few reasons; one that it’s a half-swap and I can’t recall half-swap Stunt Pilots. The second reason is that the blue side has a red propeller. I’ve never seen any Stunt Pilots without a white, glow, or clear propeller.

Does anyone have any insight on the origin of the red propeller? The Stunt Pilot it’s attached to looks like it spent some time in the trenches playing 5A, but the propeller is in excellent shape. I’d love to know where it came from.

P.S. That CF LE GT: 99¢ Sale - 🪀 - RARE Cold Fusion GT All Black Limited Edition Yo-Yo | eBay

7 Likes

1997 Team ProYo Bumblebee

12 Likes

Let’s get this thread back and kickin!!:call_me_hand:t3:

I have some other grails coming in the mail y’all gonna love this let’s just say one of them is a real floppy bastard…:rofl:

8 Likes

Okay, okay. A million years later I can post a few pics since I already posted some on Facebook today and @Knarknar wanted to see my Aces so I got bored and did some digging.

1. The pic I posted on FB of the dead prototype Ace rings that melted and turned into some horrific biohazard in the probably 10 years since I last touched the yoyo. Notably visible are an Isotope 2, Crow’d Fusion and the heavy version of the Isotope which I believe was called the Isotope D2O

1. Red/Blue Ace, Red/Blue Ace II, chrome plated Ace, gold plated Ace

aces

1. Gold Fusion, 2 Higby Bee GTs, Albino GT, Smoke 2000 World Proyo Contest Bee GT, clear Bee that I think was a Killer Bee but I don’t have the caps, new in package Isotope 1 and Black/Blue Collective Cold Fusion

bees

1. A horrific pile including 4 limited edition Bees, 3 Proyo 1 (I believe all non take apart wood axle) and the rest Proyo 2 of varying rarity.

I have a bit more in another yoyo case and also just in boxes but don’t feel like taking pics. This is the neat stuff. The only things I have any emotional attachment to are the Isotopes/Crow’d Fusion and all the Bee GTs. It would give me great pleasure to sell everything seen in picture #4 along with the Aces and slim Cold Fusions but I simply don’t have the patience to get accurate price checks/find out what some of them actually are and if I do ever sell this stuff off, it’ll be in 1-2 lots and not piece by piece. I also just have no idea if random Proyo 2s have meaningful value just because they are rare, especially since in some cases the rarity is the plastic/glitter/Higby and others the rarity is just the pog

10 Likes

I am now in talks to sell this gold plated Ace, so any advice wrt its value would be appreciated @mrciurleo @yoyojoe and any others knowledgeable in things Playmaxx.

2 scratches inside on the walls (pictured on the bottom of axle half in 2nd picture, appears to be in very good condition otherwise).

8 Likes

Anyone remember the museum?

13 Likes

Dude!! That’s so sick

2 Likes

17 Likes

My prized, it’s not much, sure it’s common but it’s mine and it took a long time to get one. I love it! I remade the string to match. A great yoyo

16 Likes

Love the Disney world of color halves as stands

Time to unleash the rubber bee gt

15 Likes

9 Likes

Proyo Isotope 2

12 Likes

Neeeddd

4 Likes

Just landed this dude from Malaysia

16 Likes

Wow. Such unique and interesting pieces some of these are.