Show Off Your Playmaxx/Proyo

There is very little talk about the old playmaxx/proyo stuff from the boom. Admittedly, the yoyos range from 14-17 years old. I know there are a few collectors out there, and I’d love to see your stuff! People forget how these yoyos helped pave the way for everything we have today.

Here is the one I started searching for last October. Ten months later:

A Crow’d Fusion Nucleus. This was inspired by Matt Carter, or Scarecrow, who was a big part of the company back in the day. I’ve heard 10-13 were made.

Gap Shot:

I also have a few Aces, one gold plated, the other chrome, both still in the package.

At some point I’d like to pick up one of the powdercoated GT’s, but unfortunately they’re few and far between.

What do you all have?

22 Likes

No one? Here’s another.

20 Likes

I will post some more pictures after the holidays.

Spoke with Tom tonight, definitely a blast from the past.

3 Likes

New addition, Isotope-1.

18 Likes

Three from my collection.  The video features Cold Fusion with Cold Fusion at the beginning and end (NorthStar is in the middle).The red one is signed by Woodstock folksinger Arlo Guthrie.  The blue one is really old.

5 Likes

Collective Edition Cold Fusion GT

14 Likes

I don’t have any original Playmaxx yo-yos, sadly, but I admire your totally cool-looking Crow’d Fusion Nucleus!

Also, what are the physical measurements and the weight of the yo-yo?

2 Likes

Yes, those are black leather pogs on that Ultimate Proyo.

2 Likes

@mrciurleo What do you make of this?

Not a GT style fusion yet one side says GT.

image image image

13 Likes

That’s really cool. It’s much rarer than a regular just for being a Collective Edition and moreso because, I’m guessing, it was an engraving tester. There was no solid colored Collective Edition CF in this shape and color. The Collective Edition Cold Fusions we’re black/gold or solid blue. Not having the caps on the hub make me think it’s a tester of some sort even more.

5 Likes

Thanks Matt. I thought maybe something like that as well.

3 Likes

Best 2a yo-yo i ever had.IMG_20181118_222805_1542560568251 IMG_20181118_222821_1542560545632 IMG_20181118_222838_1542560594384

8 Likes

Anyone see this awesome stuff listed on eBay? All are at high prices but still cool. Rumble bee, nickel plated ace, gold plated ace, albino stunt pilot, rumble bee, and some others like these.

s-l400 (6) s-l400 (5) s-l400 (4) s-l400 (3) s-l400 (2)

10 Likes

yeah, i was scoping some of it earlier… doesn’t seem to be a lot of love for this stuff unfortunately… thanks for reviving the thread though! i have a few to post, maybe tomorrow

2 Likes

Always wanted an Isotope, the bronzeish one.

2 Likes

Some ProYos with custom caps that I made myself:

22 Likes

What did you use to make the custom caps?

Here’s my ProYo with a weight ring mod.

8 Likes

Full-page Avery label sheets, covered by Avery lamination sheets, glued to thin carboard, and cut out painstakingly with scissors.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Love this! Ill see your Albino bee and raise you a Nuke Bee GT :wink:

14 Likes