Show Off Your Playmaxx/Proyo

How do I get that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The year is 1999. My brother moves away from SoCal to AZ for work in a famed yoyo museum. While there he trades god remembers what for this. One half appears GITD but isn’t, its just the plastic used. It is the only one of its kind I’ve ever seen and is the best playing BEE GT in my collection.

12 Likes

Here’s the ultimate Isotope D2O. I opened this one to photograph for my store all those years ago. When I was done, put it in a ziplock bag and tossed it back into the boxes.

It’s developed this very cool patina over the years. These were generally dark green and bronze looking. The inside of the halves are closer to the original color. Now look at the colors … almost full spectrum … all over the body of the yo-yo.

David Hall
The Yo-Yo Collector

16 Likes

nevermind

3 Likes

cold fusion time

18 Likes

All these years later and I never posted my Playmaxx stuff in this thread. Sorry @mrciurleo

I have a ridiculous amount of stuff in storage from Proyo 1 to rare Bee GTs to Isotopes, mostly from a big deal I did ages ago with Matt Carter. I initially got into collecting Proyo/Playmaxx stuff because I was in my early teens toward the end of the late 90s boom and couldn’t afford the finer things and nostalgia is a heck of a drug. Also, the internet was rough back then and convincing my parents to order me yoyos from Dave’s site would have been an ordeal of its own. I just wanted to collect rare Bee GTs and Cold Fusions, but ended up with so much more. Hoping to one day take a picture of all of it, and then hopefully find a new home for most of it. I cherish my Bee GTs and Crow’d Fusion, but have so much more that has 0 sentimental value to me and that I will never play with or look at.

11 Likes

Let’s see it.

5 Likes

Glad you’re back :slight_smile:

This thread is still fairly active and I’m sure a lot of people (including myself) would love to see what you have tucked away.

2 Likes

What I have from Playmaxx. The red bumblebee is nothing special, just put together from Vid-e-Yo’s. Wish I would have kept them and not played Dr. Frankenstein with them.

15 Likes

This is my small but treasured Proyo/Playmaxx collection. :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

Would love to see your vintage Proyo 1 stuff :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Nice pins

2 Likes

They are - Advanced - Freestyle - and the more common Member. :+1:

1 Like

I have been Yo-simillated.

14 Likes

Anyone know if this is a ProYo? My adviser is having a tough time identifying it. THanks!

Jim

5 Likes

Based on the orings at the spacers and the shiny caps, my guess would lean towards Spintastics.

3 Likes

Let me know if you have a proyo by playmaxx 1 take apart with the hexagonal axle sleeve ( brass or wood or both ) you’d be willing to re-home. Shoot me a line with a price - John

Wondering if you have a Proyo/Playmaxx 1 take apart with the hexagonal wood or brass sleeve or both you would be willing to sell. If so give me a holler, shoot me a price - Thanks, John.

You didn’t really open up the floodgates, every time I message Dave about rare playmaxx stuff I get back that there are hundreads of boxes to sort through so keep messaging me to see where I’m at, problem is each time I message I get the impression I’m bothering him…I know the guy has a lot of stuff but as he’s got the monopoly on all the rare items and he doesn’t seem to be in any kind of rush and enjoys having alot of what people want.

I appreciate he is wanting to put them on eBay and get the maximum amount of money from each item so it’s a waiting game until they get listed, I’ve spoken to other people and I always get directed to Dave with a warning of he may or may not be helpful and it depends what mood he is in…which is unfortunate as collectors are only getting older and things happen like buying houses, kids, bills so it ends up frustrating.

I ultimately collect variations of the turbo bee due to the fact that it’s what I remember, when yohans turned up at a shopping centre in the UK he didn’t turn up with anything metal…just the good old bee…I’m still looking for the rumble bee, nuclear GT, x-Ray GT. I have countless x-Ray bees, hyper wasps, a few killers, generally buy what I can find:)

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

3 Likes