Should have won.

Brazil should have won that game…

7-1 it’s BS…

wait, wrong event.

1 Like

Im sure its already been posted but the most obvious one in my opinion is Marcus Koh should have won worlds 2012! I was watching it on live stream, Hiroyuki went first and when Marcus Koh went everyone thought he had the title on LOCK DOWN, his performance was just amazing, never seen anything like it and I think he should have killed everybody with “Behind the Back to Back World Titles”

But Im sure he doesnt even care much, contests are still too much based on point whoring and should be based on creativity and originalness and dificulty rather than just string hits. Shouldnt be judged like AP but should be more than just “1 hit 2 hit 3 hit 4 hit” extremely difficult moves should be given way more points than basic combos, string hits are a good way to start judging but I think difficulty should be judged alot more. More creativity would come out of it and I think the metagame (videogames hahah) would evolve faster.

An example of this would be John Ando, after he won worlds 08 everyone started using their whole body, it changed things drastically! Would be open to more changes like that instead of just atom smasher combos, 1.5 combos, kamikaze combos, ect

There is so much more to tech judging than just string hits. Any decent judge will take difficulty into account when giving clicks.

I should’ve won.

Difficulty of tricks is rewarded in current system with clickers(if you have skilled judges). Than it’s most of time fight between simply but really fast tricks(which is in my opinion also really difficult to master) or just difficult tricks performed slowly. This is where players like Christopher Chia shines, doing really difficult tricks, but still fast.

What you dislike about Judging at AP? This system put much more value on originality and cleanliness than previous systems.

Yep, I know one of the judges personally and I have to say he is not in any way score by string hits. In fact he is really strict (I mean **** strict). I do have small experience in judging smaller contests, he basically clicks half of me while usually having more negative clicks than I thought it should.

You think that’s what Hiroyuki does?  Your mistaken.

Nah, I’m all for Germany. Love watching them play, they’re so precise and clinical.

Sorry, had to continue the off-topic briefly.

Oh gosh, have you watched any competition since 2009?

[quote=“Bina,post:46,topic:67569”]
Difficulty of tricks is rewarded in current system with clickers(if you have skilled judges). Than it’s most of time fight between simply but really fast tricks(which is in my opinion also really difficult to master) or just difficult tricks performed slowly. This is where players like Christopher Chia shines, doing really difficult tricks, but still fast.

What you dislike about Judging at AP? This system put much more value on originality and cleanliness than previous systems.

I meant artistic performance. Not Asia pacific Haha. i know they try to give bonus points for originality and harder tricks butpoint whoring still wins over all. in my opinion but even if you ask some sponsored players they go w the easier fast tricks bc they know fast easy tricks will give them a better score.

Sometimes w good judges i see the freeystyle with the combo of both point whoring and hard tricks put together usually the straight up point whoring wins, easy combos that i feel is more about speed than learning new tricks

if it was more about a combo of string hits and difficulty i think tricks would evolve way faster than they are evolving right now. just my two cents :slight_smile:

Alexis got 16th due to using foul language in music. So he was deducted. This rule is garbage to be honest. Its a word. Its for nothing to do with yoyoing.

Nobody really appreciates the super smooth stuff, guy wright should’ve at least got third in cal states. Everybody is so into fast and technical, they score points but they aren’t the smoothest (James reed and Anthony Rojas are exceptions)

It’s funny, 'cause I think nobody likes fast and technical stuff anymore

You think? And I mean partially that judging is too focused on those elements.

How about this: “Who do you think would have won if they went clean?”

It’s a little different but fun to think about.

I think judging is not focused enough on those elements, but that’s a matter of opinion