Should have won.

no, he got 4th

he meant Ben did mess up

no, I mean he did mess up, that’s why he didn’t win so he shouldn’t have. But Ben Conde’s the king anyways.

Yep, that’s why we don’t usually have the same person winning all the contests. A lot of the freestyles that are contest-winners are risky, and difficult. Nail it one contest, botch it another.

1 Like

4a almost always comes down to discards and restarts, most the top players bring enough good tricks to win, but a clean routine often is a 1st place routine. If Rei Iwakura lands his soloham trick at worlds this year where he throws both at the same time but one way higher, I have no doubt that he will win( I believe he did it at japan nationals if I remember correctly). But if Ben Conde lands all of his tricks I also think he will win; however I doubt he’s going to hit all of them he has some HUUUGE tricks in the works(man I hope he can hit them)

Markmont should have won US Nationals in 2005.

1 Like

John Smith should have won Nats 2014.

Actually, I think Pee Wee Herman should have won. But sadly, he was at the Alamo; looking in the basement for his stolen bicycle.

1 Like

I should have won the Texas State contest in 1999.

Kyle

No no no, it’s all about Chuck Norris guys. He is the real winner.

I’d say 2002 he was a better contender for the top spot - AND… if those two freestyles were judged by modern criteria… I think he would’ve.

#idontgotoschool

People’s “voice being heard” IS just a popularity contest.

am i the only one that thinks jensen should have won BAC 2014???

Yes.

2 Likes

He did.

1 Like

I think the guy with the most friends should have won.

1 Like

Yes and no. Obviously popular opinion is, by definition, a popularity contest. But I meant people judging purely based on their favorite freestyle, not the person throwing it. But that’s an absurd notion as I think about it, since so much of the enjoyment of a freestyle comes from the personality/style/presence of the player, not just the movement of the yoyo.

So just ignore me. :wink:

2011 Nationals. I thought Anthony Rojas should have won.

No offense intended to Eiji that year, but I truly felt Rei took the title this year.
Flawless freestyle!
2 Likes