Set Bonus Strings (Twists, Fades, and Blends) (Free Samples)

Also for anyone who wants a string sample, today is the last day I’ll be available to make strings for the next few weeks since I’ll be out of town. If you’d like a string then lmk and I’ll try and make a bunch today!

5 Likes

These are always coming out so beautiful, I’d love to try one! Could you make one to match my Hideyoshi, please? It’s one of my favorite colorways!

7 Likes

I tried to match up the brass and steel rims with the blue anodizing by doing a twist and blend combo. What do you think?

15 Likes

It looks awesome!

2 Likes

The string turned out amazing!

11 Likes

I have that same yoyo, color and all... everything except for the spike side effects, I really need to get a set of those. Love how the string looks with that.

*Edit - I take that back, you have the Legendary version, still looks very similar but I bet I’d like that one better, I like that they made the hub/rim thicker. That string really compliments it well.

Speaking of string, mine came in today. I didn’t get it looking all fancy and I haven’t put it on a yoyo yet but I’ll post my feedback when I do. Just going based on the feel alone, one word comes to mind, “Luxurious”. It feels so good in my hands and the bounce to it is incredible. Thank you @Afkor, I actually forgot about it, so it was a pleasant surprise.

6 Likes

I decided to put it on this guy

So, this is only my second time playing with a nylon string but I will say that it’s fun to play with and feels quite lush on the hands. The bounce takes some getting used to but I think that would even out as the string breaks in. As thick as it feels, it does get pretty thin when you throw, I would prefer a little thicker for my personal tastes but it’s been a fun experience. Not going to break down my thoughts too much since I’m a novice, so I don’t even trust my own opinions yet. I really appreciate you sending me a string, this has been fun.

7 Likes

Very nice! The twist and blend together is tricky to control the coloring on, you did a fantastic job~

3 Likes

Received it today and put it on my Harmonic. I didn’t have a chance to break it in yet but off the bat I’'ll say the thickness is perfect and the texture feels really nice.

Really appreciate your work on this @Afkor

7 Likes

Looks beautiful with the throw. Really appreciate you making this- Thanks @Afkor !

5 Likes

Kamuraiju looking classy with the all black string!

7 Likes

Beautiful craftsmanship Afkor, thank you!!

9 Likes

I’ve got to say that all of the matching strings so far have given a very classy look to the yo-yos they were made for. @Afkor just made me some samples with no input from me at all and look at this match. So classy!!

9 Likes

Agreed💯

2 Likes

So I wonder if you could make one similar to the one on my Dreamland in the previous pic, but with the pink from end to end and black fading to white. Adding a few more strands of nylon and twisting it a tad tighter. What say you??

2 Likes

Hulk Smash or Paddy’s Day colors?

7 Likes

As pink to orange fade with black throughout?

Leaning more towards normal thickness since it’ll be for diorama

5 Likes

I hear you lol

2 Likes

Wasn’t trying to call you out bud I know you been busy and stuff. I was sorting through my string and found a spare string works nylon so that’s on my honeybadger at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nah i know. I really want to get back into it. Trust me, you are not the only one.

Not to invade @afkor lets collab some string

3 Likes