Set Bonus Strings (Twists, Fades, and Blends) (Free Samples)

Hi y’all! I’m working on perfecting my string blend and getting practice with making cool designs. My string is 100% nylon, extremely soft and smooth and looks fantastic!

In this thread, either name a bunch of colors and the style of string you want or send a photo of your yoyo and I’ll make string to match it. If you really like it then I’ll send it over to you! Let’s go!

Updated color list:

Black
Navy
Blue
Turquoise
Opal green
Forest Green
Neon Green
Neon yellow
Gold
Orange
Neon orange
Red
Neon red
Hot Pink (not quite neon unfortunately)
Neon pink
Purple
Lavendar
Silver
White

13 Likes

Can you do one with light blue, neon green, and white? either as a fade or twist. (Also, the strings in the second pic look really awesome, looking forward to seeing what you end up making in this thread).

1 Like

Andrew was nice enough to send me several of these and they are very nice strings. They feel very soft on the fingers and have the slightest bounce to them giving a somehow smoother feel to the yo-yo in play. Give them a shot.

4 Likes

Yeesh, now you got me hyped up. Are they long-lasting?

2 Likes

So far. They are 100% nylon and that alone will make them a long lived string.

2 Likes

I did a blue and white blend and a green and white blend twisted. Wow that green thread is bright! Sorry I took so long I was trying to get a decent photo lol

11 Likes

Guess I missed the part where it said they were nylon :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That looks awesome! Looks way better than I thought it would (and I didn’t think it would be that quick lol)

My record for spinning strings up is 6 minutes and 30 seconds for a fade, so I’m getting pretty quick!

4 Likes

I love me a good navy-light blue-white fade :pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

Or a nice forest green/silver blend :deciduous_tree:

These strings look absolutely awesome btw :raised_hands::yo-yo:

1 Like

First time working with the navy color. What do you think?

12 Likes

I just rebuilt my rig too and started making strings again! I have to much free time and waaaaay too much kinds of thread to let go to waste haha.

1 Like

can you do some burnt fiery mix of something to match this?

2 Likes

chef’s kiss it makes my soul happy haha it looks amazing!!

1 Like

Turquoise, neon green, black, and hot pink?

2 Likes

Are these free? :joy:
These are gourgous btw

1 Like

As a fellow string maker thats retired, i have gotten the chance to try @Afkor 's nylon strings and they are on par with what i used to make, and i am working on getting more from them as they are really solid nylon strings

6 Likes

Ohh neat I’ve been looking for a nylon string maker since the folks I used to get some from stopped (hopefully just for now) so I’m super interested. I’ll send a DM

1 Like

Also do you do just pure nylon or do you do any poly/rayon/etc blends

Oh wow, these are gorgeous!

Welcome back :raised_hands:

2 Likes