Secret Santa

Hey for the coming Christmas season, what if people here at YYE forums do some Secret Santa trading? Like we include maybe a yoyo and string and trade with somebody else? I think it is a good idea and would promote some Christmas spirit and make us be thankful that we would have nice enough people on the forums and who knows, maybe you’ll get something you really wanted! Thoughts?

1 Like

I would say that to be elegible people either need to be known around the forums or have a certain ammount of feedback. Also someone would need to organize it and there would need to be an even number of people willing to participate.

Yeah like maybe 5 feedback? Around 30 people and there could be another thread and maybe gifts at least 25 dollars. Not too much right? I think that would be a pretty good start. And its for everybody because you could send something like anorthstar, or a cheif, and some extra stickers or tools. one man’s junk is another man’ treasure :wink:

Feedback maybe a good way to count it but there are other members that are trustworth that have not traded before. Maybe we should include forum experience, time they’ve been on these forums. For example, I’ve been on these forums for about 3 or 4 years (accumulating about 14 days of login time) but I haven’t traded yet. Constant poster as well. We can’t forget the minority!

There also needs to be a Secret Santa “moderator” who is keeping track of this to ensure nobody gets ripped off and that things are being handled appropriately.

1 Like

I agree. I would want to participate but i don’t know if i would be considered trustworthy enough yet, considering I’ve only been a member since April.

I think if some one stepped up to the plate and organized it, then it would be a great idea.

Alright I’ll organize it.

5 + feedback
30 or more posts
If I feel that you aren’t trustworthy then I may talk to you first. Remember I see and hear about all.
We will take names up until December 15th. That will give everyone time to ship. I’m not going to be in this either. Also if any international’s want in I will need a few people willing to send out of the U.S. as long as the internationals are willing to send into the U.S.

PM me with the title “Secret Santa” and tell me if you are willing to send outside the us.

Sounds good, I think I only have 4 :frowning: But I am pretty darn trust worthy. Would love to be apart of this. I have a Northstar, 2.0, and JP Wood to add to the secret santa collection! lol JK! OH I have one of those too! ::knee slapper::

Yes this would be fun and cool but hard to pull off. Because there is always that one person. The only bad part is not so much that people will get scammed and not recieve anything at all but that someone will get a northstar and put in an imperial or something.
Although that is a really cool idea I would really like to do that.Thanks!
Dingo

I just think there either needs to be rules or just understandings. There could either be a value amount. Like, Must be valued at 30 to 60.00 and you must send a throw valued at during that time. Or what have you. Or just keep it as a low end throw trade, or a high end throw trade, or maybe just keep it open, you might get a wooden imperial, or you might get a Chief. Long as the person sending is comfortable in sending it then that is up to them. Remember sometimes the greatest gifts, are the ones that you give, not the ones that you receive. I think it is a fantastic idea though if people are willing to do it, and I can’t think of a better community to pull something like this off than a yoyo community. Some of the greatest people out there in my opinion and I’m not being goofy, i’m serious about that.

Blush. ::slight_smile: i know you mean me.
Lol I am just kidding but yes this would be a great place to do it. That is why I love yoyoing because there are not a bunch of punks.
Well except for Pat. Just kidding.
Thanks! Dingo

I love Secret Santa and would really like to participate…but as it stands I don’t qualify. I would have at least 5 feedback but for some reason half the time when I buy something from someone they never leave me any feedback even when I leave them feedback.

Anyway it’s not going to ruin my day if I can’t participate, I just really would like to and perhaps my presence on other forums+plus current feedback+some prominent people on here who could vouch for my character (if it came to that) could make up for that.

A secret Santa thing is a wonderful idea! We should all thank Icky for organizing it.

It’s sad that I can’t be part of it because ever since what happened with my Maverick, my parents won’t let me do online trade/sell interactions. But I’m glad YYE is doing something in the name of the Holiday Spirit.

I am in!!

just an idea…
icthus could post all the addresses to the people who are doing it. then you could message him and say I am sending something to this address. then icthus marks it off so one person doesnt get 5 different things! and there must be a 15 dollar minimum and a 60 dollar max. oh and does it have to be new? because I have a few ton of 20-30 dollar plastics that are mint. just an idea

Yeah that’s not gonna happen.trusting me with the addresses is one thing. Posting them for anyone on the internet to see is mote than dangerous.

so how exactley is this gonna work?

I feel as though there should be a minimum, but not a maximum. Give what you can, give what you think someone else deserves. I have a few unused plastics I want to send off.

Also, I am in!

Please review his thread
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,35741.msg350663.html#msg350663

Pretty much you PM him your Address , and He’ll get back to you on it.