Saw another thrower!

Just wanted to point out Caribou Chris actually shouted out our little yoyo club at my school.

I’m the white kid. I miss that Chief.

right? Only recently have i gotten a few people into it.

Thought I’d necro this topic since I did not know where else to put this post…
Today I was outside the Wally Mart in East Stroudsburg, PA and saw a YoyoZeekio sticker on a white mini van with NY plates. I had a YYE card in my car so I went back and stuck it under the windshield wiper. I wonder what their reaction was. I was not in the mood for waiting around…

9 Likes

Now that you mention it, having a yoyo sticker on one’s car is a great way to connect with other players!

Ivan

2 Likes

Clearly, I failed. If the driver or passenger was a thrower they are probably baffled as to why I did not hang around to meet them. I was hoping it is someone that is a member here. Sometimes I can get very antisocial. Maybe they will post about it on r/throwers but I am not on that.

1 Like

It wasn’t me but I live sort of near there in Milford

2 Likes

heeyyy i ran into another yoyoer over the summer! we were both walking down the side walk. he was playing a plastic YETI. we exchanged number (he doesnt have social media) but sadly we havent actually met up to throw or anything. its a lot more weird to text someone you dont know and be like hey rememeber me lets yoyo lol

2 Likes

Text him! He probably thinks you’re too good or maybe that he said something that turned you off. My neighbor’s mother told her son (25-26 years old) that I yoyo and he came out and asked me to show him some yoyos. He was binding and doing brain twister in 20 minutes and now he’s better than me (who isn’t?) and doing eli hops with the string behind his head.

2 Likes

What if it was a 7 year old who put the sticker on? Best you didn’t :wink:

I’ll put my odds on seeing a UFO before I see someone else yo-yo.

2 Likes

i probs should just stop making it weird and text him lol. okay guys give me advice on how to set up a yoyo date :slight_smile:

Just text: “Hey, I didn’t forget about you. You still throwing? Get any new yoyos since I saw you? Peace.”

2 Likes

There’s an elementary school by my house that I pass everyday for work or whatever, today I saw a little group of kids throwing around some yo-yos at recess. Almost crashed my car for staring but I just couldn’t believe it I had to be 100% they were yoyos lol. Made my week!

4 Likes