Saw another thrower!

I was yoyoing after school once and someone approached me and asked what kind it was. I told him a Zen 4 and he said cool my brother never stops yoyoing. Still don’t know who he or his brother is :’( Its so weird I met someone with the same name as me today(Zen) but still haven’t met a fellow thrower !

Living in MD is rough there are practically no throwers at all in central MD

1 Like

i think yoyoavenger is in md central. I’m on the peninsula :stuck_out_tongue:

oh so I’m guessing your near Annapolis if I am correct that’s nice!
Edit: I just realized your on the other Side of the bay bridge. Also most people in central MD are in baltimore which makes it all the worse for me.

I’m pretty sure x^3 is based in France.

I’ve been throwing for about a year and 8 months and have met no throwers yet. The thing is, I live like 30 minutes away from NYC, and they have their whole yoyo club there. I’ve just never had the time to go. :’(

The only people i know that yoyo are people that got into it with me

Outside of contests I’ve never met another thrower, save my friend that originally sparked my interest.

Consider yourself lucky.
I run into yoyoers on a daily basis, and most of them are hype kids who think YYF and CLYW are “the best”.
I can try to avoid them, but they often recognize me and point me out.
Where I live, there are just too many yoyoers, and being someone who really prefers to only YoYo at contest and meets and not be recognized in public, it can get very annoying.
I’m cool ruining into someone and saying hi, but when you run into a kid who goes: “YOU’RE HARU! EVER THROWN A CHEIF? DO YOU HAVE ONE? IT’S THE BEEEEESSSTTTT!” Frankly makes me just want to walk away. And my city has those everywhere.

Haru

but one kid I did run into was a bad experience. I had to dv888 sitting in front of my when I was sitting in the hall. this was a week after I got it so I babied the heck out of it. then one guy who I didn’t know picks it up says he has a dm2 and tossed it back at me. scariest moment ever, but have no clue who the kid was or if he even still yoyos.

Fanboys… ::slight_smile:
Real throwers know RecRev is the best :wink:

Why thank you! I never considered myself amazing.

I throw in VA! Ive only met a couple others though.

I throw in Va! I went to Va states! Are you going this year? I think NAvythrow is in Va as well!

Well you’re all pretty lucky, if you ask me…

I’m the only yoyoer in the country, to the best of my information. I’ve asked everywhere but no one seems to know anyone who throws.
If anyone does meet or even hear of a thrower in Lebanon, do PM me or something. Otherwise, I’m hoping to meet someone on my travels or maybe participate in some regional competition.

Teaching other people, as others have previously stated, is also a pretty worthwhile investment, that is if one has a friend who’s willing to learn.

There are a lot of throwers in VA! Well at least northern VA…look up the Capital YoYo Club, a great group of throwers!

Meeting new yoyoers I’m public is awesome. It’s how I met Adam Brewster. I saw him throwing on break at work and creepily emailed him. Now we hang out and go to contests.

i know a ton of yoyoers because of various california clubs and competitions

Really? I’m on vacation here and haven’t seen a single thrower :cry:

I’m in Orange County - Santa Ana to be specific - and I have only met a single thrower which was probably seven years ago or so.

I have yet to go to any contests though which may explain it to some extent.