Retic Yoyo AMA with Retic Neil

Ya man makes perfect since. And I would have asked permission but didnt know who the original creater was untill after they were already made and released, I had just seen a few of them from other brands and thought “oh thats a cool color and people like it”. Lesson learned and just to be safe we wont be doing those colors ever again, we havent used it in the last 4 yoyo releases.

A big sorry to Andre if it bothered you at all, I was really trying to complement your awesome color scemes. I for sure wasnt looking for any drama.

And to anyone that wants to use a retic color or name you have my full permission. I would feel honored to know someone liked my color so much they paid to have it replicated.

6 Likes

Thanks for the thoughtful response, and again, sorry to derail the thread.

Let’s get it back on topic:

So what’s your naming process? Do you try to compare each yo-yo to a specific snake with similar attributes? Do you have a snake in mind and design a yo-yo inspired by it? Or just random fun snake names?

3 Likes

Suggestion: Clear profile pics for each yo-yo on your site. Many other people share my frustration of companies not providing a clear profile shot of their yo-yos.

This is the most important pic to provide and tons of companies seem to avoid doing so for some unknown reason. How am I supposed to know if I’ll like a yo-yo if I don’t know what it looks like.

5 Likes

To piggy back off this, while I love your logo, you gotta make your website background solid. It pains me as a minimalist.

3 Likes

I completely agree with this. I need that gap shot!

2 Likes
  1. Just out of curiosity, I get the vibe this latest drop was pretty significant for RRT. I assume every drop you’ve put your time and energy into is important, but this last one felt a little different or it could just be me. I honestly was going to pass on this at first as I don’t even feel like I’m skilled enough to make the most out of a bi-metal, I was almost just gonna pick up another puff to keep on my bike :motorcycle:. After quietly watching on social media though I felt like this was a milestone and decided to pick up my first bi-metal (that I purchased), also that strawberry lemonade fade hooked me a little too. :grinning:

2. I’d be interested if there are any plans for second runs on any of your throws later down the line, sales permitting of course.

3. I haven’t seen any mention myself, any particular colubrids you’re interested or not your bag? :snake:

Lastly I like what you said about what you look for in the players you sponsor and I’m excited to see the RRT team grow in the future. Peace! :v:t3:

3 Likes

This is what we are doing going forward. This is the comment I have heard the most since we started.

10 Likes

I love my background lol. I am no website designer though so maybe its time for a change. Solid colors would be easier.

This is perfect.

3 Likes

Thanks Garrett! The naming process is a long one lol. The puff adder was named before it was even a prototype. The boa was originally called the batmoose because the cad looked like moose antlers crossed with batmans baterangs, the whole team worked on picking a good snake name after we got to all throw it. The atra and burm were named after we got to throw them. Now its kinda like well what snake does this yoyo feel like it should be haha

6 Likes

That’s right; you don’t choose the snake, the snake chooses you…

2 Likes

First of all thank you! This drop has been along time in the works so it was a big one for us. Though every drop feels big to me.

I dont plan on doing restocks on any old throws at this time. But I do kinda want to make a few new puff adder and boa colors

And oh yes there will be colubrids. I like them alot!

2 Likes

Yes 100%

1 Like

Cool. Thank you!

2 Likes

BTW, who designed the Boa?

2 Likes

Does the Death Adder play a little heavier than the weight suggests? Normally this would be a perfect weight range for me but I’m looking for a go to 5A yo-yo and it’s a little lighter than I like for that. The shape looks ideal for it though.

3 Likes

Me. I designed it.

1 Like

Kudos to you, sir. The Boa surprises me and puts a smile on my face every time I throw it. It is an absolute gem, and I’m so glad I was able to snag two of them.

5 Likes

Hey! I have a Caiman. It’s one if the smoothest fixies I’ve played, and the build quality is exceptional! It’s so light, makes any stall or flip trick a breeze.

3 Likes

We need a superwide retic named the python for how wide their hood is :joy::grin::raised_hands:

3 Likes