Retic Yoyo AMA with Retic Neil

I have a boa, and it’s awesome. Really like the throws your putting out, need to get my hands on the death adder v2 soon. I would really like to see a bi-metal organic, full size :thinking:

4 Likes

I need to pick up a burm eventually. I tried the one and loved it

3 Likes

Bimetal organic is definitely happening in the future

4 Likes

Thanks man the burm is alot of fun. We have 2 black, 1 pink, 2 raw, and 1 galaxy inferno left on the website.

4 Likes

I saw that, im hoping to find a planet namek one :slight_smile: haha

3 Likes

The death adder v2 looks pretty different from v1. I love the v1, but I haven’t tried the v2 yet. What was your motivation for the changes?

2 Likes

V1 was ok but the cup wasnt what I hoped for. I wanted it to be a fingerspining machine and v1 failed at that. I also wanted it to be just a tad more narrow to help with tech tricks. V2 is what I was hoping v1 would be lol

4 Likes

I’m not big on finger spins or dense tech, I guess that explains why I felt puzzled by the changes. I’ll pick one up eventually just because I love to compare this kind of variation on a theme. I have no doubt it’s still a performance monster.

3 Likes

I agree with you. Thanks. I know I wasnt the first to use dragon slayer. I could be wrong but I think I remember seeing a dragon slayer from G2, OD and MFD before I did one.

3 Likes

Thanks. And ya since you have a v1 id love to hear what your thoughts on the new one are after you try it out!

1 Like

As someone who isn’t a fan of most splashes or acid washes that Planet Namek is spicy. Also even better for where you got the name from.

5 Likes

I love my alien galaxy Boa. I didn’t know there was drama with the colorway. It doesn’t bother me. The Boa is fantastic. Your designs always look futuristic and classic at the same time to me. I’m always excited to see new stuff from Retic.

3 Likes

DBZ is one of my all time favorites.
What is your favorite type if ano?

3 Likes

Thanks! Its kinda sad that there wont be anymore in that color from us, but hey that just means new colors like planet namek and planet sadala.

2 Likes

I feel like it makes my Boa very collectible now so that’s fun.

3 Likes

My favorite ano style is the polished stripes on solids on the Wide Angles. It avoids having too much going on without being boring/too plain.

I don’t dislike all splashes and acid washes, I’m just not too keen on a lot of color combos. Galaxy colorways are dope, your planet namek is probably the only one I’ve ever seen that’s on par with galaxy stuff for me. Planet Sadala is really nice too.

Pinks, purples, silver and blues really appeal to me, hence my love of galaxy stuff. Anything that doesn’t include two of those is probably a miss for me. I’m aware this is highly subjective though.

3 Likes

I have two Boas because the raw one just dazzled me when I saw a photo of it. And then I just had to get the 5150 version because I’m a big VH fan and the 5150 design isn’t something you see very often.

4 Likes

Eddie is my hero so there will be more vh references from us. Like the new color on the death adder is called atomic punk!

2 Likes

Yeah, but we paid for them to make those and sold it exclusively through YoYoExpert…

You don’t have to stop using any colors, no one owns a color lol. It’s just the name. You can make a blue w/ gold splash yo-yo, but you can’t call it Clareview Station unless you’re CLYW. You can make red/black/silver, but can’t call it YoYoExpert Edition without our permission. Know what I mean?

Anyway, It’s not a big deal, you’re making some cool yo-yos and that’s all that matters. Not trying to derail the thread. :grin:

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, are those colorway names registered trademarks?

2 Likes