Respect

To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.

To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.

To look toward; to front upon or toward.

To regard; to consider; to deem.

To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
-Lately in the YoYoExpert forums, I have been noticing a pattern.
A pattern concerning a lack of respect to some of our wiser persons, by people who can’t shake a stick at the knowledge that said people have about yoyoing, and life in general. Guys, when we tell you not to do something, it’s not because we have some presonal grudge against you, it’s because whatever you did is either against the rules, or in bad taste. Now I will be the first to admit that I have had some degrading posts targeted at some of our wisest members, (Samad) but that is out of fun.

When somebody takes the time out of their day to tell you that you need pics on a BST thread, or that you shouldn’t link to another store, take that information and pass it on, instead of griping about it for the rest of your time online. When somebody corrects you on facts that you got wrong, don’t say that their opinion isn’t needed, but thank them for clearing up what you had mistaken. Guys, respectwhoever has been trying to help you, instead of just telling them they’re wrong and to shut up. When they tell you to use grammar, USE IT! It saves lives… They just want to make this forum a better place, and that starts with getting everybody in line.

When a person starts to question where you are coming from on a certain subject, don’t get in a huge debate about it, just explain to them your motives and move on. If they wish to further discuss whatever it is, comply. Don’t act childish and challenge anybody’s intelligence. It only makes you look extremely immature and makes you lose the keyword here. Respect. Give it to get it. That’s how these things go. If you want to act like children, we will treat you accordingly. I work with kindergartners that blow some of you guys out of thwe water when it comes to maturity.

This place runs a whole lot smoother when we all get along,.

Do I need to take us all back to fourth grade for a bit, “Treat others how you wish to be treated”…Does that sound familiar to anybody?

Well, That’s all I’ve got to say about that.

22 Likes

One of the best post I have read. I agree 100%. Thank you for that awesome post.

wise word Q.

some times it feel awkward to do something about it, but it has to be done.

it is fact that most people in this forum is young people, and as far as i know, rebel is part of our habit specially at young age.

but it have to be controlled, and people should be thankful if there is someone tell them the right thing to do and willing to be a good teacher.
as for someone that willing to tell them the right thing to do, act right, be a good teacher. remember that you sometimes talking to some rebels inside. ;D

for real Q, this place runs a whole lot smoother when we all get along.

it’s not only me or you, its us and ours.
for the sake of the community.

1 Like

Exactly!
I’m glad that at least one person understood what I meant. It wasn’t to make anyobody feel bad, but to make people think before they post.

Those were some deep words Q. I’m glad you posted this. I always thought of this, and your right. Thanks for making such a great post Q. :slight_smile: Some moderator should sticky this. :slight_smile:

cool story bro

Story? Nope. Fact? Yep.

Q you cease to amaze me!

1 Like

i agree completly, though in the same respect, lets not get too worked up over things. i think theres too many people these days who treat double posting like the end of the world. Maybe if some keeps double posting or breaking the rules we have something to worry about. If you do help someone, don’t help them by yelling at there face, theres no reason why you can’t just tell them. Maybe it’s just me, but i see this plenty. A few unncessiasry posts will not kill the world. We don’t need to create an atmosphere so tense that people are afraid to say stuff. It’s not a common problem on this site, but it is there. So maybe i’m not an expert advice giver, but this is my opinion.

once again, good post Q.

I really would like this to be stickied, or the to be put into the mandatory forum rules.

i think putting it in the forum rules would be better, this section is started to get clutterd with stikies :stuck_out_tongue:

AGREED.

And to anybody who read this, lowered their head, and thought that this MIGHT be directed at you. It probably was, just take a step back, re-evaluate why you are you, and we will all get along just fine

Fixed and QFT

lol, I noticed that too…

The funny thing is that he meant what he said. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, thank yiou for that.

haha. I typed that, stopped, Looked at it and thought (Should I fix that or should I see if anyone will catch it.) Yep, You caught it. lol

So I DO amaze you then Icthus? :stuck_out_tongue:

Poor Q no longer amazes Icthus :frowning:

lol