Releases You Passed On...& Reasons Why

This! It’s a fun yoyo.

To answer the question at hand, it was the Forte. Every time I turned around I thought, “THIS is a unique throw,” and I value uniqueness in a throw. But at the time it dropped I just didn’t have “throw-around” money for yoyos and my interest waned. If I buy an MFD in the near future, it’ll probably be the Ape-X instead.

Also Forte for me. Really like MFD, Mike, and the yoyo, but none of the colorways did it for me. I think there’s an artist proof still on their site that i’ve been eyeing.

All of them - money / weak currency. I haven’t bought a new yoyo in 2 - 3 years, possibly longer.

The one thing I would have liked is the entire Benchmark series.

I’m curious what you are playing from a few years back for your 1A stuff. :-\

I usually play an original Speeder, hybrid Hitman or Alchemy Nimbus.

I’ve managed to pick up a few items on the BST, so I have had some circulation. The last time I actually purchased a brand new, out the box yoyo from a store, I ordered from YYNation. That was some time ago.

There are a number of established brands I’ve never really had the opportunity to try.

Really, I have wanted every new yoyo that has been released other than the Puffin 2. It is not my type really. It does not seem appealing enough to pay that price.

Anybody passing on the Puffin 2 is missing out on one of the greatest yoyos to come out in the past many months!

I’m passing on most of the yoyos most of the time for the main reason I have no money or not enough for the Yoyo. That and my grandparents came back from Prague like last week and they bought me a Yoyo while they were in Prague. So Basically I’m getting the yoyo when I see them again I get that new Yoyo. And a new new Yoyo usually last about 3 months for me to get used to it.

This. I disagreed with you about 10 minutes ago in a different thread, but you’re right on the money here.

I almost passed on it because I was feeling a bit of CLYW-overload. Bought an AC2, Gnarwhal2… Effectively I got sick of the sequels and passed on the Bonfire and planned to pass on the puffin2.

Sold a bunch of yoyos in the BST and on a whim picked up a puffin2. It arrived on Wednesday, and granted I’m still in the non-objective honeymoon state, but it’s the only yoyo I’ve wanted to use since I got it.

It’s interesting… I expected the AC2 to be my favorite of the new releases, but it’s actually my least favorite. It’s great, it’s just not as great as the gnarwhal2, which in turn is not as perfect as the puffin2.

Time for an update:

1. Laser - I passed, because for me, anything over $180 needs to be a titanium. It also looks too narrow for me. Can I even Splash Game it? Hmmm…pass.

2. Valor - I haven’t read much about it, and at 66g even, I’m not so sure I’ll like it. I always felt like the Rally would be my last One Drop. A YoyoExpert Edition could bring me out of that, but not much else. :-\

This post spurred me into writing something. I also passed on the Laser, because it just doesn’t seem like it will be as exciting as the Draupnir. I also pass on all one drop these days. They just don’t connect with me.

I missed the release of the new Sturm Panzer pair because I was asleep. When I woke up they were sold out :frowning:

I passed on the Seed for no good reason, and although it looks superb I just haven’t got round to picking one up. It’s the new eternal ‘next throw on my list’.

I also passed on all the new CLYW. None of the original releases of these were my favorites, and I don’t know, guess I was a bit disappointed by four throws, all close together, and all v2s. The only one I’m really tempted by is the puffin. Oh and my favorite colorway is conspicuous by its absence.

I can’t say at present there are any new releases I’m particularly waiting on, which makes me a little sad inside.

It’s barely over $180, and that’s a ridiculous thought process. The engineering and design that went into the Laser and Draupnir is just unparalleled compared to all of the cookie-cutter single alloy yoyos out there. Even machining titanium has nothing on the fitment and precision necessary for the Laser’s design to work. You’ll buy loads upon loads of duplicate 6061 yoyos, yet suddenly one of the most innovative yoyo designs ever made for $190 is too much. Also i’m not sure what too narrow means, but if you’re missing on a 40mm yoyo, which is almost all catch zone, then i’d suggest the yoyo isn’t to blame.

As for me i’ve skipped on C3 lately. All too similar and too heavy. Same with One Drop. The Uragment, Draupnir, Dazzler, Pulsefire, Leo Sniper MK-II, etc. have shown that heavy, sluggish, feeling-less yoyos aren’t necessary anymore.

why would you ever need 12 of one yoyo…:o

I don’t care about all that precision design to the tune of $220 on that particular yo-yo, or why you might have chosen to buy it for that matter. This thread is for the reason I passed on it. The point I made, was that I didn’t buy it. I think that you caring that much about what I do with my money is a ridiculous thought process. So, for the record, having multiples of something that I like what it has to offer, and having none where I don’t, actually makes perfect sense. I never said I’d miss on a 40mm yo-yo, so you came up with that on your own. The point you missed, is that the width is simply not what I prefer in a yo-yo…period. With your logic, if the width of a yo-yo did not matter at all, and people didn’t buy on that basis, they would make all yo-yo width the exact same size. Your logic is ridiculous. Not everyone who buys a Monster or a Superwide bought it because they thought they would miss on something more narrow than those. That is a bunch of nonsense. They either liked the width as a feature…or not. So, me buying multiples of one I like, or no yo-yo that I don’t like due to it’s feature of being narrow, is my choice. And, because it’s my money, and I choose what to do with my money, and could care less what you think of the reasoning behind what I do with my money, one thing is a fact. The fact is, YoyoRecreation got none of my money on that model, that’s for sure.

I’m sure Mike will give his perspective. But, in the meantime, I’ll chime in. Buying multiples is not usually on a need basis, because buying any yo-yo is not based on a need. It’s not like food, clothing, shelter…things like that. So, on a need basis, owning any yo-yo can be called into question.

The thing with multiples, is the enjoyment of having said yo-yo in it’s many varieties. It allows you to enjoy the yo-yo in all the various colors you desire. It also allows you to play some, and keep some in mint condition for collector purposes…if you desire. So, having multiples is not on a need basis, it’s purely on a want basis. On certain models, they might even play slightly different too.

Last but not least, those who buy multiples do it…because they can afford to do so. So, it’s not for everyone. The greatest multiples so far, in my opinion, are Stickman’s 38 Chiefs. :smiley:

Flliippppp!

Stickman’s collection is the stuff of Legend…

I actually got a Yeti haha.

haha yhea i mean i understand but they all play the same! the most i have ever bought is 2 of the same yoyo, just personal querks i guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I pass on a lot of new yoyos that come out because i never have the money so when I do have the money I put lots of thought into the Yoyo I am buying because it needs to be worth while my buy for the Yoyo. Now I’m not planning on buying any yo-yos any time soon I got an XLR8 in january, a turning point paranoid over the weekend from my grandparents, and I have a Black Di Base in the mail on my merry way. I should be good for a while on yo-yos.

So here are a few more. I played all of these at the throwdown and when I placed, (I almost didn’t go up there. Anxiety stinks.) I had a choice of paying for half of a yoyo thanks to my parents. I ended up getting the Summit because of my preferences. Here we go! (However, this will include some strings, too!)

1st off- MFD APE-X So, I fell in love with that thing. It was a wonderful throw. However, it spun out after 15-20 seconds, that might just be my throw, or I didn’t drink my milk, but y’know.

2nd- SPEED-A-HOLIC It was very nice and would’ve been a nice add-on with the Summit. I could’ve gotten it, but just wasn’t there for me. I like the shape, but it was a little mid sized, which I’m fine with, but it didn’t suit the shape and plastic to me. Call me crazy, but it was just one big meh.

3rd and final- GLIDE I’m sort of on the fence about this one, I’m in the middle of switching my preferences. It seemed a little heavy to me. I like the shape, and everything else, but it wasn’t terribly floaty, and I was looking for a yoyo that could float like there’s no tomorrow! That’s not the glide.

For stings

More type-x
I could get a huge amount of kitty string for about the same amount of money of getting two packs of it.
I just didn’t find it worth it.

Well, that’s all of them. I will probably still add on to it however