Recommendations for a first metal ?

DV888, or Yuuksta.

Been having trouble with my Yuuksta. It binds back when i do the second part of kwijibo. any help ? or should i clean the bearing already ? I dont have any Yoyojam thin lube on me now. ???

Make sure the bearing is nice and clean, spin it on a pencil first too. If its over lubbed youll be able to feel a sort of sloshing in it.

So yeah what id do is order some thin lube and clean the bearing now. Not lubing it afterwards will only really damage the bearing in the long term, so just make sure youve got the thin lubed ordered.

Here is a really useful bearing cleaning thread http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,871.0.html

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

you dont need lube, you can actually use trumpet oil

Yes, clean the bearing. After that, see if you can do Kwijibo on it. If you can:
You can lube it or not. Lubing a bearing correctly can get you unresponsive play just like a dry bearing but you need some time (like a day or two) to make a lubed bearing unresponsive. Also, another main use of a lube, is to protect the bearing from wearing out too soon.

I hate it when bearing’s freeze up so fast so I lube em’ up.

i dont really lube. i use it when my parents tell me to go to bed and i wanna yoyo, so i put lube in to quiet the bearinng :smiley: