Recommendations for a first metal ?

I know, but just for the people who know how to clean bearings, clean it cause it has the exact results. I am just worried that people think that the only way to make Raptor unresponsive is by changing bearings.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I decided to go for the Yuuksta. will post pictures of it when i get it.

Supernova… Nice and wide, beautiful shape… I’m getting one…

ide say Dv888. its an absolutely amazing yoyo for its price.

Dv888 and Yuuksta have the same price at my local store.So the price difference isnt really much .

What!! Same price!!! That is 99% impossible. HOLY BALLS, that Yuuksta must be fake.

But anyways, of course get the Yuuksta.

OR the dv888 is overpriced.

http://store.spinworkx.com/product-p/yyf-yuu-1.htm
http://store.spinworkx.com/product-p/yyf-dv8-1.htm

I think dv888 is good for it’s price and can do thumb grinds, but I like the yuuksta better

As i said, both dv888 and Yuuksta have the same price ><"

And since its my first metal, can anyone tell me how do i take care of it ?

Dv888, Yuuksta, Raptor, or RecRevs for a first metal.  Get whatever you think looks the coolest, there’s almost no chance you’ll dislike any yoyos from a reputable company at that price level.

As far as taking care of metals… there’s really not that much to do. If the bearing gets dirty (ie. makes freakish noises and stops working correclty), just clean it, which you can learn how to do from this video:

or other videos on YouTube.

If the response system falls out or dies, just replace it, which isn’t difficult.  Depending on which yoyo you get, people here on the forum can tell you what size pad it takes or whatever.

Oh, and one last thing… you have no idea how lucky you are to have a local store that sells premium yoyos.  Wow… lol

Don’t use long string, keep your yoyo from damage (hard objects),play on a carpet, replace your string when seeing signs of breaking.

not local exactly, since singapore is so small, travelling there only takes an hour or so.

Yeah that Dv888 is horrifically overpriced on there for sure. The Yuuksta is about in the right place, but the Dv888 should be like $20 less.

You might like the Popstar. It is really cheap, so it can give you a ‘sneek peek’ into how a metal feels like.

CLYW avalanche. What’s the point of buying a cheap metal. We all know u are goin to love it so get something that’s actually good.

Stacked genesis.

Bought the Yuuksta already. It plays really well. smooth on the string.

The yuuksta is awesome, it was my first metal

I’d say it feels more “solid” than the DV888 and the DV has a more “rounded” shape

Yuuksta in this way is really a signature yoyo and plays like one, while the DV feels more “generic”

Both are fairly cheap regarding their performance, but the DV888 is clearly a steal

that being said, I feel the DV888 (the 2010, made in china, the one I have) might be more prone to small manufacturing issues or flaws quality wise. I suspect the axle not to be within the best standards around and the 2nd one I bought had an ano flaw.

Still, it plays like a dream, specially with a KK in it but even with a flat bearing.

The thing with the yuuksta, it’s really fun, maybe a tad bit more challenging than the DV888 but definitely more fun overall

I think the Yuuksta is a great compromise as a 1st throw, giving you a sneak peek of what signature quality throws can be, but with YYF quality play standards and affordable price.

of all YYF I’ve played (not that many, really) if I had to only buy two, they would be the Yuuksta and DV888, but I confess, I’m really into 50mm size and don’t like full size throws.

The supernova plays awesome as well (tried the lighter version)

Question, you got the small bearing yuuksta or the regular C size bearing version ?

got a spec c size bearing one. though its darkblue.