Rant

whoops! I can see how that could be taken out of context. I’m assuming that you aren’t rubbing it in peoples faces.

No. I don’t want to get my yoyos all greasy.

I do appreciate it when they stand back a couple of steps so the drool doesn’t land in a case though.

It’s easy to allow yourself to get peeved over so many things. All it does is raise your blood pressure, make the vein in your forehead pulse, and bring you closer to the end.

It’s a bit more work, but well worth it, in my opinion, to learn to just be happy for people when they acquire things in life. Why get bothered over something you have no control of and really doesn’t have any affect on you? That’s just how I like to deal with things. What’s right for me isn’t necessarily right for you, rant on and enjoy. :-*

So…does sparking a titanium peeve you guys? stirs the hornets nest and heads for the door

The fact that a person has a lot of 100+ dollar yoyos and they don’t know what to do with them is not my peeve really. The main yoyo related peeve that I have is the way they learn and progress, mainly with the types of yoyos.

First you should start out with responsive, then ease into semi-responsive and then after a while of yoyoing take it to full responsive. It builds a good foundation to learn from and teaches a lot of tricks that a lot of these newer kids don’t know…the ones that buy unresponsive yoyos right off the bat I mean.

Honestly I don’t care what people do with their money, it is theirs after all so I just let them do whatever. I do like to politely point out that they should spend 100 dollars (or most of the time less) on a cheap responsive yoyo, lots of 50/50 string and a semi-responsive yoyo to start out on. Weather they take the advice or just buy whatever they want is up to them, I can’t make anyone do anything.

No haha that looks frickin cool.

I agree with you completely but what the guy was upset about was the fact that the people with these throws were bragging about being better.

Thank you!

I partially agree with the OP. I really wouldn’t care if a new player bought a Supernova, Genesis, Phenom, etc. because these are always readily available. But if a new player buys a Chief or an Arctic Circle, that annoys me. These yoyos are sometimes difficult to find, and would be better off in the collection of someone who knows how to use them properly.

What is “properly”?

I’m not trying to be difficult here, but there seems to be an attitude in this thread that yoyoing is only about throwing harder and harder tricks. I don’t think this the case, at all.

I’m not very concerned with throwing hard tricks. I’m concerned with having fun throwing. I might play for an hour and just do nothing but simple binds and eli hops while I watch tv. Am I not throwing properly enough to justify the $100+ yoyo in my hand? It seems to do the job.

If your friends are buying rare yoyos just to destroy them, then I might see where the annoyance comes from. But if your friends can only throw double or nothing, but they like throwing double or nothing, I think that’s an end of it.

You said it Eli! Im not saying any names, but darkadlermagic3 called me at like 10 in the morning telling me that (person that wont be named) was asking me if he should buy a 28 stories peak for $320! This is the same person with the Code 2 and FG Cheif that can barely do matrix. Ugghhhhhh.

Dont get me wrong, but this annoys me. Go ahead and spend all your money. IMO, you should only invest such funds into a hobby only if your devoted enough.

of the person understands yoyoing and isnt just buying it for the sake of, then no. Its tragic to watch a perfectly good mint peak be dinged up by a more inexperiened player.

On another note, someother person form my school has a toxic hazmat and can barely bind. And what makes it worse is that he follows me during and after school and keeps on asking me how to learn more advanced tricks like brent stole. For example, hes learing split bottom mount, and he goes up to me outside the library and asked if i could teach him triple hook. Ughh.

I’ve never found the rant to be very productive for me so I’m going to approach this a bit differently.

How do these kids know that these high end yoyos exist when they can’t yoyo? Most likely, they have seen one of you and are impressed. They want to do that too! They want to be like you! Flattered? You should be, take it as a compliment. Now consider, what yoyo do they see you playing? A cheaper yoyo or a nice pretty, colorful metal?

Maybe to make change we need to throw less expensive yoyos in public. You silly trend setters! :wink:

1 Like

By “properly”, I meant that they must be able to maintain the yoyo. I could care less what tricks they do. But they must understand the parts of a yoyo, and be able to clean and lube a bearing, change response, change string, etc. They also must know how to bind, as it is required in this type of yoyo.

When I’m just doing trapezes I’ll be sure to use my YYJ journey or my FHZ.

1 Like

Even though they can only do a couple tricks doesn’t mean they don’t deserve a good yoyo. I got a Burnisde, I could barely land a trapeze, but having a yoyo that I knew could handle anything gave me more confidence in learning the tricks.

Also, maybe that’s what their parents got them because their parents realize it’s better to get something expensive that is very high quality than start with something not so nice and eventually buy the same high-quality yoyo