Random fun-fact thread!

Fun-facts are one of the bigger obsessions I have in my life. I really like knowing stuff, but only if it’s interesting or ironic (and therefore also interesting).

This thread will be for sharing of random fun-facts you know. Let’s keep it to one fact per post, add meat to fact-bone if you’d like to though.

Starting off:

There’s a thing called “The Gamer’s mark” which is a biological mark on the mouse hand of most avid PC gamers. It is quite common for PC to use the bone on the “border” between the hand and the wrist as a pivotal point when controlling the mouse. As a result of this, a callous starts to develop in the area. This is in many ways similar to the mark us yoyoers get on our middle fingers.

Skiing Fact:

Most ski injuries occur on the last run.

DUH! If you are injured badly enough it’s your last run, doesn’t matter if it’s the first of the day or the end of the day!

1 Like

You get negative calories from celery. It has so few calories you burn more calories from chewing then you get from the actual celery.

the longest projectile vomit was 27 feet and mosquitoes have 47 teeth. the average human eats an amount of food the size of a car and sleeps for 6 years in their life

Mountain Dew has double the caffeine contents as coca cola

Kunai were origionally used as versitile farm tools, not ninja weapons

there is a jellyfish wandering the oceans with virtually no age limit

Bruce Lee was also an accomplished dancer and took the crown colony cha cha champion of Hong Kong in 1958

Most chickens are right handed. If its left handed its right leg will be more tender and vice versa

Jimi Hendrix was in the 101th Air Borne division in the United State Army. (The division shown in HBO’s and the History Channel’s Band of Brothers, although Hendrix joined some 20 years later)

After getting into trouble with the law he had the choice of joining the Army or going to prison. So before he played guitar with his teeth he jumped from airplanes!

Everyone in the world puts on their left shoe last :wink:

WRONG. It depends how I feel.

Clinton Jackson is a funny guy.

It’s a fact, and it’s fun for me.

Actually it is indeed correct. If you put your left shoe on first(as in your left side/directiaon) then your right, your right shoe becomes the only shoe left(as in evefrything else is gone)

HAHAHA I didn’t get it at first :slight_smile:

If us humans didn’t have a layer of mucus in our stomach, our stomach would digest itself.

thats is gross

Ancient Egyptians used rocks as pillows

PORTAL II REFERENCE INCOMING!!!

One in six children will be abducted by the Dutch.

For real though, there is a man who can communicate with the outside world during his dreams through morse code with his eyes twitching.

Also, isn’t it WEIRD that you always find an object in the last place you look for it?

ok… I promise this is from memory, but you dont have to believe me since there is no way i can truly prove it

π = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971

Some sweet response here!

The most dangerous height of which you can throw a cat out of the window is 5 floors high. When you get above 7 floors it gets a lot safer. The reason for it becoming safer above the 7th floor is because cats will spread their body in a parachute form much like squirrels do. From the 5th floor, a cat will reach critical speed while not having time to parachute.

Please do not try to prove this by throwing your cat out of windows. There are variables in here and while throwing your cat out from the 7th is safer than the 5th, there’s no guarantee that your cat will survive.

Donald Duncan, of Duncan Yo-Yo fame, was also responsible marketing the first parking meters.

A recording of a camel’s moan was slowed down and used as the sound of a tornado in the movie,‘Twister’. Thats weird.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Over 2,500 left-handed people are killed every year from using products made for right-handed people.

If you look into your teacher’s eye, they say you can see their pupil.

Pitbull is a horrible dancer

horrible artist and dancer

A South Korean fast food chain became the first business to open a restaurant in the North. This happened a few months ago and made me feel good.

Spartans would paint their feet red in order to keep themselves calm when walking through a bloody field; even they freaked out when they walked in blood.