Raise in CLYW's prices?

Oh no. Is it possible? CLYW made in … China?

My mind is just reeling at the thought. ???

Are you being sarcastic?

I believe he is referencing the idea of lowering production cost. I don’t think this is in Chris’s bag of tricks.

Ah, that makes sense. And, I hope Chris doesn’t do that. :-\

That’s how rumors starts :stuck_out_tongue: And there’s really nothing wrong with something being made in China.

There’s nothing wrong with it until quality the goes down, of course.

Or the designs get leaked and low quality knock offs occur.

Who ever said the quality would go down? The YYF SuperStar, Supernova, Genesis, and other yoyos made in China still play great. And even if the quality of CLYW did go down, people would still buy it.

What if Chris didn’t loose his original design for the Avalanche, but instead got stolen by Russian spies…

Chinese CLYW was already tried once. It did not turn out as planned. I doubt Chris will try again.

Chinese Peak

Looks like something I would use lol

I agree. I would assume that he has cut the best deal he can from OneDrop. I do understand that postage adds cost; but if you are seeking to reduce costs moving production overseas is the way to do it. Magic Yo sells Sleipnir knock-offs for $20 and apparently can make money doing it. I wonder what the margin would be on a Chinese Cliff?

My reference to China; references the irony of the venerable Caribou Lodge being made in China. My real hope is that he is moving production closer to home. Whatever, I hope it is successful for CLYW.

I owned that for a while. Played really nice actually.

Not that I think Chris would ever do it, but I wouldn’t buy a Chinese produced CLYW regardless of the price. It defeats the purpose of being enthusiastic about a brand, for me, if that brand changes so completely that the only constant are the letters stamped on the box. If that means higher prices, fine. I already pay them.

Epic facepalm

Really guys, China? Do you really think he would do that? NO, I expect he’s buying from Canada as much as possible. Less over-the-border shipping.

;D It’s good to know that Chris will try and work on the price, and I’m sure it will be in a non-quality affecting way.

As much as I love the fact that Chris uses One Drop (Chief, AC and Canvas) I think the new shop he is using in Canada (Puffin, GE and Cliff) has been excellent. My puffin and GE are just as smooth as my One Drop machined CLYW… If anything I would like to see Chris find a good blast/ano company in Canada and do everything in Canada…

One thing that could be done to reduce the price would be for Chris to start doing just solid color runs. Would cut down the cost quite a bit.

I’m most curious about how much they spend on the art work for everything.

Not that it matters a whole lot. i haven’t seen a CLYW shape that’s actually interested me. I’m not saying that i’m not interested in what comes out next.

Chris, someone not liking your prices does not mean they are not “happy people” it just simply means that they dont like your prices. Hell im overjoyed with my life, kids, job etc. i just dont like your prices its quite simple.

Frankly i like your products which is why i express my discontent with your prices, because there was a time when your prices were good and i could afford to buy your yoyos but lately for whatever your reasons are, your yoyos are out of reach for me now.

I must say i hope the day comes when you can get your prices back down to the range they were in the past.

Merry Christmas.