Raise in CLYW's prices?

I agree, I personally like the solids that CLYW does.
Don’t get me wrong, I love their splashes, speckles, ect.

The best looking throw I have ever seen is the raw cliff. More Raws!!

I think what he meant was, “All I can say is I’m sorry you’re not happy, people who aren’t happy”.

Not that this thread needs more said, but I just wanted to add my support for CLYW. I became a fan after much time and reluctance, even in spite of the “hype” and the price increases, etc.

Exhibit (a) the Lodge has made some of my favorite yoyos, (b) Chris seems like a really humble and good dude, © the price increases have stung but due to (a) and (b) I assumed there was a good reason for it and figured that growth comes with some growing pains, therefore (d) the bottom line is that I feel good about making CLYW purchases this year because I don’t want to see them go anywhere. Yoyoing is more fun with CLYW in it.

I’m beginning to fall in that camp as well. Splashes look cool and give off a crazy spin color but there is an elegance to the simplicity of solid colors.

right. for example, the best arctic circle color way this run is the selvedge gold. then the hulk smash and clareview, then all the three color ones.

Selvedge gold is the ugliest this run.

ftfy

Hey guys. I know a lot’s already been said, but I just wanted to say that Chris is a good guy. I’ve been a huge CLYW fan ever since I got a FG Wooly Marmot on a whim from a trade. Ever since I’ve been in love with their throws. And I definitely felt like the price increase that happened hit me hard, too. But, after meeting Chris at worlds and talking to him a bit about what he does to keep his team happy, his family supported, and all of us happy between costs, colorways, artwork, et cetera–I felt like there was no guy I would want to support more than him. If you literally just talk to Chris for a few minutes, you’ll find out that he’s not some greedy dude sitting around doing nothing all day and pulling in dough. No, he works hard to make sure everyone’s as happy as they can be. There will always be people upset with prices or yoyo designs or whatever.

Honestly, I can’t think of a single yoyo company that puts as much time, effort, and care into designing and launching a yoyo more than CLYW. What other yoyo company even does box art? I mean, I think I saw a new sticker on the Cascade from OneDrop, but that’s honestly all I can think of. I’m not trying to rag on other companies, but Chris is a guy who likes to pay attention to the details and make every yoyo launch as good as it can be.

And yeah, I’ll admit: My bank account definitely took a hit when I bought both a Puffin and a Cliff. But man, I think of it this way: People pay around $10 or more to watch a movie in theaters for like two hours. So that’s $5 an hour, so for my Cliff to be worth it to me, I’d have to play it for around 33 hours. You bet I’m going to play with it for WAYYY more than that. And what’s more, Chris’ yoyos hold value throughout the years more than any other company. I mean, I can still sell a mint Marmot for $80-100 pretty easily, and that came out years ago. People are selling old Peaks for anywhere between $150 and $250–and I’m not even talking about Painted Peaks.

Simple fact of the matter is that whether or not you’re happy about prices is that Chris makes a darn good product. If you don’t have the money for it, don’t buy it. Or sell a yoyo or two. Even if Chris never lowered his prices, he would still be selling out almost every run he releases. And even though he knows that, he’s still willing to listen to us and help some of the other people who can’t afford his prices. That being said, Chris is an awesome guy, and I’m happy to be putting my money toward keeping him doing what he loves.

Chris is honestly a super good dude. He’s done alot for me as I’m sure he does for everyone else, I haven’t a single problem paying too dollar for a CLYW throw, if you don’t like the price, well then don’t pay it, buy yourself a wrath or something. I have always had a problem paying even 85$ for a yyf 6061 aluminum throw but I paid 207$ for my bip bop cliff and I feel like every dollar was well spent and love the fact that the money is in the hands of Chris. He has a family which would make sense for prices going up, wouldn’t you raise the price on something that you know has a high demand? It’s not only Chris tho, you have to realize that just like air Jordan’s were made alot better quality and far less expensive from 2002 and before and now the prices have sky rocketed and the quality is garbage. With clyw Chris has been pushing the limits on these amazing throws and has also provided us with great colors for everyone to be able to have their own flavor.

I bought a solid colored wrath with a 20% discount and honestly regret the purchase it is a semi decent throw but something about it felt cheap to me I felt got over on, but when I get a throw from clyw weather it’s FG or A grade I feel so content with the purchase. Chris is a good dude and I can’t imagine having to sell yoyos without making a profit so I totally understand. Do what you gotta do Chris!

Regarding the prices, actually it’s the market that ultimately decides the prices
And if 165$ throws are out the door in a day, that means that the prices is right and might be too low

I have that, and it plays very well. But about the high prices on Clyw, it’s his company his rules. I love my cliff, alittle pricey but I know i’m getting the best from a Lodge.