Preferred package for string

So if you were to buy some string (5, 10, or 20 pack) off of a website, what would be your preferred way to hold the string while shipping (and maybe even carrying around)

• Plastic bag (ziplock)
  • Metal Tin (unbranded Altoids tin)
  • Rubber banded together
  • on a cardboard cutout of this or a credit card shape

0 voters

3 Likes

My favorite brand does little ziplocks, but I would like to see the industry move a little more toward eco-friendly options.

5 Likes

ya i love turtles, which is y im ooking into metal tins although they r a little more pricey.

2 Likes

Maybe recycled cardboard or something like that?

1 Like

if not that, then biodegradable plastic

1 Like

im surprised not more ppl r choosing metal tin, its so simple, its eco-friendly, you just throw it in ur pocket, and go to work/meet/compeition

Iā€™d like mine tied in a bundle with 10 extra strings of different varieties with a 50 percent discount on my next purchase and 100 percent discount for forum members with a z in their username. That would be sweet!

Actually, get them to me asap and Iā€™m happy. (I do prefer not to have them arrive in a dirty sock or anything similar)

3 Likes

u dont want them budled with 100 100$ bills?

1 Like

I donā€™t want to come off as greedy, well at least too greedy if ya know what I mean. :wink:

2 Likes

Unbranded altoid tin is cool but prob a lot more expensive than small plastic bags and shipping would cost more since a pack of 5-10 could get sent in a normal envelope with one postage stamp so the price of the string would have to be higher and youā€™d need decals for the tin with your logo I guess.

2 Likes

im not woried about not making much money, i just want to be able to share my strings with the yoyo community im thinking of having my strings cost 40 cents a string if u buy my 20 pack

1 Like

SEND THEM OUT FoR FREE
:muscle:t5:

1 Like

i will, but i will also set up a website

1 Like

i have the best optionļ¼origami boxes! they are eco-friendly, easy to make, cheap to produce, and can be small and fit inside an envelope!

1 Like

I like tins, but theyā€™re big and cumbersomeā€¦I just like plastic bags.

1 Like

I do actually use a couple of tins for strings though. One Drop ships their Long Cut strings in round tinsā€¦but Iā€™m not a huge fan of those tins as theyā€™re a bit too big.
I use an altoids tin for my favorite strings (Markmont Blue Eyes)ā€¦I have a pair of folding scissors that fit perfectly in the tin with around 15 new strings. It works well and fits in one of my cases I use for all my accessoriesā€¦
But honestly, I think I just prefer that strings that I buy (in small quantities) come in a ziplock bag. Itā€™s just so convenient and I find all sorts of uses for the bags when Iā€™m done with them.

1 Like

@twitch77 is a 1.4 x 2.7 x 2.7 cm origami box compact enough? (holds 4 strings densely packed, making it somewhat durable)

1 Like

Now that sounds like a really neat idea! Would make you totally stand out in the crowd as well! I really like doing origami and love this idea!

1 Like

also more eco-friedly! The only downside is that it makes the strings kinda messy (it wont tangle, the way i put the strings in, but it does look messy)

1 Like

What ever method you use, please put a label somewhere. I have bought some string that does not come with a label. After it has been in the yoyo bag for a while it is hard to remember what is what.

3 Likes