How to organize yoyo string

How do people organize their yoyo strings? I have a basket I just throw everything in and no matter how organized I make it after a week or so it gets messed up.

7 Likes

I use small plastic baggies for small counts, and also one of these, though it wasn’t $50 when I bought it, it was more like $24

3 Likes

That’s a solid idea

1 Like

My issue is not all string comes with good labels. Right now my only solution is to write the brand and type on a ziplock and put the string inside. Would like to have a more elegant way of keeping track of what is what in my string collection.

4 Likes

I do this also, I’d love a better solution. I somehow have a shoebox full of mystery string of all kinds. I toss anything I can’t ID in there and wonder how all that string magically tangles itself into knots when I’m not watching. Some mysteries we will never solve.

3 Likes

I need to organize it better, buts all in bags and labeled.

10 Likes

Organize? I just stuff it all up on the top shelf

There are some boxes and bags up there I guess.

17 Likes

I hang it over a clothes rod in my closet.

5 Likes

I just use some of the small, cheap 3M wall hooks. But my stash isn’t quite as large as others :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I stuffed a few hundred into a glass jar. I have used the same handful of strings for the last couple years so I dont open it much anyways.

2 Likes

I used to do that. Got lazy. Now I have a box full of unknown string. The only thing I know is that the blue is slick 8 and the yellow is slick 6. I have a bunch of white. I know some is slick 6 and some is cotton 8, but I’m not sure which is which. I have some grey stuff I got from TheYo that is poly, and some mixed color stuff that might be poly. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I keep them all in their original packaging nowadays. I used to take out a few for quick access but then they would get mixed up. My old string gets put into a string ball

4 Likes

I love vines for this since they come in a dispenser; that was actually the primary reason I bought a 10pk to try them, hoping to enjoy them do I could get a 50/100pk in their nifty dispensers. Other than vines and a pack of kitty that’s in its box, the rest is either in its small original baggy packaging or in assorted ziplock bags; anything I’ve gotten in trades/purchases that wasn’t labeled ends up in these mystery bags.

3 Likes

I came up with a solution to get one string out at a time from the Ammo test tubes :test_tube: which then carried over to Venom, Plutonium and now ______. You can open the cap, grab one knotted end and hold the rest of the strings in with your other thumb over the top. Each one comes out individually without tangling the rest. That way you can quickly dispense as needed and leave the rest in the tube which has the identifying sticker inside.

13 Likes

Same. Clever packaging

1 Like

I guess I mostly buy it as I need it, but I do have quite a few different kinds. Somehow I know and remember them by looking at them.

I use the YoYoStringLab tubes for other strings to keep in my backpack. I just put them in one-at-a-time, and then it’s easy to take them back out one-at-a-time. I also keep bearings and Side Effects in them. Plutonium is what I use for responsive bearing and some unresponsive yoyos, so I have plenty of those tubes.

5 Likes

I like the string thing but also use the multi tool made of POM. Forget the maker

Glad I read this. I’ve been playing a “mystery string” for the past few days that I like but couldn’t figure out what it was but it’s def ammo

2 Likes

I found an order that I received early last year. 9 different types of string that I wanted to try. 4 items in the order have no labels. I have no idea what they are. A lot of string manufacturers need to do a better job of labeling their product.

2 Likes

I usually buy string in bulk so I’ll keep them in their box. Vines have become my go-to and their dispenser setup is great! I bought a small ammo box from Walmart that I keep the boxes in. Any smaller batches I have them in ziploc bags inside the ammo box…cat proof too :slight_smile:

3 Likes