Popular yo-yo that you just couldn't get into?

Really? This is one of the two Ti yoyos that has ever piqued my interest.

3 Likes

There is still hope, I think you’d like the og more if you ever got your hands on one. The qv feels very… sterile in comparison.

4 Likes

Why dont you bring it when you come stand in my lawn. It’s raining right now so I will bring it inside so it is safe.

7 Likes

I’ll back your play.

2 Likes

Felt outdated and souless, wasn’t very Stable. When you own a bunch of Luftverk the bar is pretty high

3 Likes

I accidentally made this a reply, pardon me

I haven’t gotten too into my Freehand Zero, because the response system was always difficult to service & I could never get it to be unresponsive. I want to like this Yoyo though, I wonder if there’re any good mods I haven’t tried that’d better my experience.

2 Likes

He is clearly a crazy person the ti hawk is outstanding, the good news is that it plays a bit like the TiWalker / Ti-Vayder and who knows what next week’s mail could bring … who knows!

7 Likes

Dif-e-yo Gladiator
It originally was a special order but became popular enough to produce many of them. I should have know it wasn’t going to play well but it’s aggressive look and YoYoJam bearing tips lured me in. Heavy, the top tips would catch the string on every trick. I can’t think of a yo-yo I liked less or was more disappointed in.

2 Likes

Trade it to me since it’s not your cup of tea…

3 Likes

I traded or sold it to I believe Cappy like 13+ years ago. Should have mentioned as to not wet someone’s appetite. My bad

3 Likes

As long as it went to a good home.

3 Likes

I loved my wedge when I got it a month ago, but unfortunately it got “Yoyofactory plastic syndrome,” where the arrows slowly stop meeting in order for it to be screwed tight, & mine vibes like mad.

If anyone has tuning tips for the wedge I’d REALLY appreciate it.

3 Likes

blue Loctite is the most effective way that I have found to tune an axle to where it tightens where you want it to.

Put a little drop on the non hex key end, put it together and let it dry for about a day. after it dries, you can back it out or tighten it and that end will stay anchored as you put the yoyo back together, and you should be able to fine tune it where you want it to be by doing this a couple of times.

7 Likes

I feel the same about almost every YYF I’ve ever owned, I either didn’t like it from the start or quickly fell out of love with it. I still love the company, their mission, and how often they release new stuff, I just usually pass because I’ve been dissatisfied with the majority of my purchases. I probably miss out on a lot of quality throws…

2 Likes

Definitely have to get the original. It’s definitely the Kuntosh to own IMO. The 5000 is nice, but the original has the best overall feel and play to me.

2 Likes

YYF feels a lil soulless to me :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

What gives a yoyo “soul”?

3 Likes

Resale value

26 Likes

Try as I might, I just cant “get into” any of them. They’re too small :facepunch:

3 Likes

To me? The YYF marketing + branding gives me a feeling of detachment from their products, a lot of yoyo related brands these days feel more personable in comparison…I think it has something to do with the name + their perceivably huge stake in the yoyo world today…not to mention the word FACTORY doesn’t feel super wholesome either, all in all I think it’s their marketing that needs work

No hate or disrespect to the YYF fam and fans, just not my cup of tea

I’ve only been back for 6 months after a 13 year hiatus from the yoyo world, a lot has changed since 06, this is how I perceived things after that huge break and by no means do I definitively think I am “right” - just my 2 cents !

P.S.
I DID enjoy Evan’s write up on the new poly edge!

3 Likes