Popular yo-yo that you just couldn't get into?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Is width bad for responsive play?

I did the same thing with my top deck when I first got it. I put a centering bearing in it and it was awesome. I have since then put a flat bearing back in it, and I honestly don’t mind either way.

I think I mentioned this a couple days ago, but the same exact thing happened with my mantis. It came with a flat bearing, and I tried and tried and tried to like that yoyo, but I just couldn’t get into it. Then one day I was doing some yoyo maintenance, and decided to throw a centering bearing in it. Totally night and day, it actually placed it in my top five after doing that.

@TeeJay I would suggest throwing a concave in that top deck and giving it another go. If you’re having problem with spin time, try doing a power throw. This is the most powerful yoyo in my collection imo. And if you still don’t like it, I’ll take it off your hands…

1 Like

I said in an earlier post that the YYF Space Crown felt ‘souless’ and didn’t have a good playfeel.

I’d just like to go ahead and eat my words on that one. I think I just needed some adjustment time after throwing woods and organics.

It is a very very good yoyo. It’s a great example of what monometal 7068 can be.

3 Likes

The shutter. Never really spoke to me.

1 Like

You know, I’m not a big fan of the wide trend either.

2 Likes

keep playin with your toys, they still spin and do tricks

put your favourite string, favourite bearing, maybe even favourite pads
and eventually you will understand the play of da yoyo.

that’s what i did with my horizon

4 Likes

MMC :o

4 Likes

They just don’t make cartoons like they used to. Sigh.

3 Likes

I miss Roger Ramjet.

1 Like

Having owned far too many yoyos than I should, the latest one that is incredibly popular and hyped that has disappointed me is the SF Cadence.

While it is incredibly agile for the string, the thing just feels far too uncomfortable for my hands. V-shapes have always been a bane to me. I understand why people enjoy it- but honestly it just isnt for me.

~zammy

10 Likes

I couldn’t get into the Kuntosh. I love od and anti yo but it wasn’t for me. I owned a QV and traded it after a few weeks. I tried hard to like it but i just could not. Maybe I can only enjoy organics. Kind of a curse. Still want to try an og one day.

6 Likes

Levi you are dead to me now

DEAD

TO

ME

:skull_and_crossbones:

@smileypants707 and I are gonna fly to your house, stand outside and frown. Like… a lot.

10 Likes

Come on you love my jokes. I just don’t love double funnels.

7 Likes

My wife called you out. “I don’t see them in the lawn. I bet they are too chicken.”

8 Likes

Ti Hawk

2 Likes

You can’t see it but we are frowning super hard right now

giphy

7 Likes

Grail… just didn’t feel right. Traded, but still miss it.

4 Likes

Come at me bro.

12 Likes

Froooooown

15 Likes

Oversized yoyos like the Par Avion and Horizon aren’t my thing. Whenever I pick one up, it feels a bit brickish.
:brick:

5 Likes