Popular Yo-yo opinions

Wait, so your friends are interested in yoyo and wanna throw with ya?? I’d say that’s definitely a positive and to let em! Go get some cheap butterfly XTs or something and have a blast, teach them the basics, etc. I get where you’re at with that though for sure, I don’t want any newbie or one of my goofy a$! friends throwing my Klondike or nicer yo-yos either lol, that’s why you get a couple cheaper plastics to keep around for times like that! 90% or more of us on here have no one to throw with in person, take advantage of your friends wanting to, trust me

5 Likes

Yoyos are pretty awesome.

7 Likes

Some people take these little plastic/metal !toys! waaaaaay to serious.

Throwers have way too short of a memory, one week it’s drooling over releases from a brand to the point of grovelling and begging the company for more.
The next they are chucking them under a bus :bus: because they have/ haven’t done xyz.

7 Likes

A common opinion I think?
Yo-yo’s and the journey yo-yo people take are so personal the journey is as private or public as you want to be with it. You can learn and forget and re-learn with out consequence, sometimes a mistake one day, becomes a way to unlock a hidden door to another trick some other day. Sometimes you fail but in the failing you see the mistake more clearly, learn and adjust. You can be disappointed in trick progression and walk away for a short time or a hot min. Yo-yo’s are alway happy to see you return.

Super person opinion
The built in learning curve that I go through when I am learning tricks puts me through an emotional and mental, work and reward cycle a kid of expectation, time management ritual that starts with frustration and a few challenging moments when learning a new trick or trick element. I get a progressively increasing positive feeling as I progress toward completion of learning a trick or trick element. With a big emotional payoff that last for weeks, and can re-acquire in a small less intense way when doing those trick again.

That was too deep sorry but it is true for me. It really is a wonderful world with a yo-yo in your hand. Hey the weekend is almost here.

10 Likes

Agreed, I feel like if you don’t like a certain brand that’s okay, but I don’t feel like it should cause you to just diss them like that. I’m not a big fan of Duncan because I prefer more flashy things but I still think they’re a good brand.

3 Likes

The slander on clyw until they dropped the klondike was about the same as one drop. It’s pretty interesting how 1 yoyo can change the publics opinion on the entire company.

4 Likes

company bad until i have the yoyo i want from them

3 Likes

Never been a fan of CLYW their designs never met my preferences in play, the Klondike is an amazing yoyo, still hard to call me now a fan of them after only one release that I love.
I prefer to speak everytime about single models, everyone can mess up sometimes but it is also true that there are brands that rarely mess up (at least for my preferences)

4 Likes

I think most of us can agree being outside throwing on a nice day (no wind) is one of the better yo-yoing experiences :pinched_fingers:

12 Likes

Ehhh not quite, they still had actual comp yoyos like the Wildfire & WISH. And performant yoyos that aren’t typically seen as “comp yoyos” even though they were being used in comps by their players, like the Kodiak and Dune. Several World and National champs on their team, several active competitors.

Not the same.

3 Likes

You should have more than one. Just in case.

7 Likes

@AndreBoulay is a saint for all support YYE gives to the Yoyo community and hosting this space for us to nerd out about yo-yos and tricks.

18 Likes