Popular trends that you find funny

How bout a seemingly recent popular trend that I DON’T find funny. Scammers on this BST.

And something that makes me giggle (more so at how stupid they sound) - White kids who use ebonics and slang. There’s a term we use for them around here. RICK. Racially Insecure Caucasian Kids. Among other terms that are most likely not appropriate for this discussion…lol

Agreed!

Those stupid hplyrikz pictures people post on Facebook and such. Makes me want to leave social networking forever haha.

I also HATE when people bag on Justin Bieber. The guy has an amazing voice. I don’t really listen to a lot of his music, but he’s a great singer and actually has skill, unlike most artists out there. I guess people just hate him because they’re so jealous.

Well, I don’t buy my music off of iTunes, so I don’t know their quality. I know I don’t listen to mp3’s unless I have to. Actually, many CDs are not in any file type at all, they are in a format so they can be read by CD players. CD’s are 1,411 kbps. Most mp3’s are 260 or 320. And also, I do listen to Vinyl, my dad has his good quality turntable set up. Many newer bands that care about quality are actually releasing new albums on Vinyl as well as on CDs and mp3’s.

I love vinyls, sorry for sounding rude. I must say, Relapse Records bands do a lot of vinyls. Granted they are mostly hardcore metal bands, but still, I respect the vinyl. Itunes isn’t bad, I prefer them over mp3’s, but thats me. Thing is, I really don’t support Apple, I only have an Ipod Classic, and yet after two years, it finally died on me. Died as in, It refuses to sync or be recognized by my computer…still works, just not really, lol. Thing is, I really don’t care about quality, at least for music, so far as its close to 260 or higher, I really dont mind.

Give me Macross 7 or SDF over half the stuff out nowadays. I don’t mind the fans, i don’t mind people with that strange favoritism towards anything japanese made. But for gods sake don’t try to use japanese words when you’re speaking english.

2 Likes

Hmm…well snap backs really get on my nerves. I mean, seriously, do people even know what hats are for? That’s why lately all I wear are trucker hats, and it’s getting harder to find em lately.

Yoga pants and UGs(did I spell that right?). Idk just makes me wonder where the heck did that combo con from.

Skinny jeans. My mom has a store in Mexico and its actually guys who buy out most of the girls skinny jeans. They look ridiculous. I mean honestly I don’t see why anyone would wear pants that restrict movement like that.

Popped collars. Nuff said.

when people wear those 3-D movie glasses from century theaters and they poke the lens out and call it fashonable. might just be my school, but still! and they have to nerve to hate on people with legit glasses!

lol, I think it’s every school.

That’s just ridiculous. Why would a guy wear them?

You can’t download in Apple’s lossless format. That’s only when you rip a CD into iTunes.

Just buy CDs and rip it to FLAC. While you’re at it, ditch iTunes and get a better media player.

1 Like

Beats headphones, period. they were rated lower than Grado SR80’s, SR60’s, AT M50’s, Sennheiser 598’s, and plenty of others, and yet cost twice to three times as much.

MP3 format, period. It sounds horrible. The only thing I listen to in MP3 is my ringtones, and a few albums that are lo-fi anyway.

low resolution .jpg’s it’s one thing if it’s a 1920x1080 wallpaper, but when you’re saving a 320x240 picture in a 75% lossy .jpg, you’re a moron. .png is where it’s at.

all-flash/all-java websites (like duncan’s website) it takes forever to load, and looks cluttered. seriously, companies could do to make simpler and more elegant websites, it’s less work and flows better. this is the best website i’ve ever seen, http://www.blackestate.co.nz/ where as duncan’s site is annoying to no end.

1 Like

beats oh god. they are ok. so overrated. people think just because they have them theyre the best!

1 Like

Well they’re only $350 - it’s not like it’s worth the 5 minutes it takes to find those stats.  ::slight_smile:

I see your point, but white text, black background layouts are a headache for me to read.
http://www.ironicsans.com/owmyeyes/

1 Like

I had just gotten over a headache too…

black with white text and low spacing, yes, i understand that. but it’s a charcoal grey with a light grey. personally, i get more eye strain from reading from a white background all the time, so white text is easier for me. second, the link you posted has a small point bold font closely spaced. it would be annoying to read even inverted. lastly, the point i was making was the design, not necessarily the color choices. you don’t need to code your entire site in a high-level interpreted language that loads slow even on fast connections.

i’m thanking that.

it’s so darn FUNNY!!!

my friend iMarvin is completely obsessed with everything apple and says that they can do no wrong and are super duper amazing at everything. he does not own a mac or even an iWhatever, so i think he just says they are great because of the shiny apple on the back of the computer.

so i have to say that that gets on my nerves.

I’m not the one who posted that link, but besides that confusion…

I agree with you for the most part, I was referring more to the link Hogheg had posted.

I respectfully disagree. Yoga pants are hot no matter what.

1 Like

People that use the word “Gay” in derogatory terms.

That’s funny? I think that’s terrible

2 Likes