Dr. Dre Beats

i wanna see how many people have them

i have the black/red Mixr

i have the same

I have power beats

Overhyped trash.

6 Likes

Overpriced Plastic by Dr Dre

As with everything else these days…you’re buying a brand name…

While they may not be much better…I have a pair of SkullCandy UpBeats for my beaters (I love them though) and a pair of Sennheisers for recording purposes.

1 Like

To be honest you guy’s can get the same quality headphones for Cheaper.
Half of the money you pay for is for the name.
Then a bit for the design.
This isn’t really exactly on topic but not to be judgemental but your pretty much hopping on the Hype wagon.

It’s not my money so I can’t say too much and I’m not gonna judge but Dr.Dre’s is too overpriced.

I use to have em but I returned them they were White and Red.

Samson RH600’s TAKE THAT.

I have 2 sets of Beats earbuds, a set of Solos (which I never touch anymore) and a set of Pros.

Very true,I go to Ross and get a ten doller pair of headphones or earbuds that sound just as good.Those are just for people who want to show other people how rich they are (no offense to anyone here).

LOL ARE YOU CRAZY?

I can admit to the name adding to the price tag and what not, and Im not ashamed to say I spent the money on it. But thats just stupid to say that a $10 set sounds the same. I love how half the people who hate on beats, have never even listened to anything in them. Standing there in best buy listening to the Black Eyed Peas on the display model for 15 seconds doesn’t count and do the headphones zero justice.

Yes they may be overpriced, but people like you make it sound like they don’t even have good quality.

I have experience with many headphones and earphones and I have used beats quite a bit, and the fact is that they are just way overpriced and overhyped.
There are many other fantastic options out there with equal if not better sound quality for less.
They are decent, but the price isnt justified.

J

1 Like

I’d take my Bose AE2’s over Beats any day.

stop lying the $10 is compressed so it doesnt sound as good then the beats are uncompressed

Beats by Dr Dre= $100 dollars into quality, $150 dollars for a name. Go high a nice pair of sennheisers for the same price and be blown away by the sound quality. I hear every instrument in any song with my sennheisers with beats I could only hear buyers remorse.

I just can’t post in this thread anymore lol. Its clear that no one is on my side.

I don’t think anyone is going to deny that they’re some nice headphones, but for the money they cost, there are much better options. At least in my opinion.

1 Like

This is a quote from a discussion similar to this. My friend the audiophile and electrical/software engineer told me this.

I have personally snowboarded with skullcandies on and I can tell you the build quality is superb as I’ve bailed hard with them still intact. Also, beats are just crappy speakers with an audio amp inline that automatically adjust the sound signature for added bass that actually degrades overall sound quality and is a huge bane to audio purists. They are the most expensive consumer quality headphones that you can get. There are cheaper commercial headsets that are way better, just underappreciated because of lack of marketing.

TL;DR
Skullcandies, albeit being incredibly cheaper than Beats by Dre, have way better quality everywhere from build to sound quality.

It isn’t that people hate on dre’s because of anything else than that they are poor quality for the price. If I wanted Dre’s I would just lay down next to a drum kit and tell someone to go at it with the bass pedals.

Just go for a pair of Sennheisers or Audio Technica

The only reason why people think Beats is soooo good because with their ordinary iPod headphones there’s no bass whatsoever. And when they try Beats for the first time they are sooo amazed by the overload of bass. They think that bass is the only thing that is important and that even if it means drowning down everything else just to get that boom.

No thanks, I like my sound clarity more. I just laugh at those people who wasted hundreds of dollars for sub-par headphones.

Bass overload does not equate to sound quality.

I have Bose IE2s and they are way better and 70 dollars cheaper for a better pair of ear buds than beats. However they are pricey too. But the sound quality is by far one of the best I have heard.