Plastic Peak CLYWxLuftverk

I understand your point of view Doc… I only define my thoughts better. I don’t expect a Plastic Peak to be a cad of the aluminum model transported on plastic, the same thing also applies to the Fulvia and the Triple Zero, clearly it must be different. but as with the Fulvia and the 000 the plastic versions recall the look of the metal models and clearly don’t have the same playing characteristics, the same I would expect for the Peak. The remarkable thing about these yoyos, at least for what I perceive, is not so much that they behave like their corresponding metal models but that despite being made of plastic they are not affected by the problems that plastic yoyos have always had (sudden loss of spin, poor stability, etc.). As for the other two, I don’t expect a plastic Peak that plays like an aluminum Peak but a dicplastic Peak that plays like any aluminum yoyo (this is the miracle, for me, of injectionc machined) and that when I look at it it makes me say… it’s a Peak! I hope I have clarified my point of view.

4 Likes

Ill have to say - I tried my absolute hardest for the double peak logo but it was not currently possible due to the aggressive arch of the profile for a color pad print.

As for the rest of the yoyo Ill let the internet use their imagination. Flat hub peak? hmm…

Info Release Day on Luftverk IG: Tuesday July 25th 2023 10:00am EST time
Yoyoexpert Release Day: Tuesday Aug 1st 2023 10:00am EST time

Love yall!

29 Likes

I hope it also arrives in some European Stores, customs fees, at least in my country, have become unsustainable

2 Likes

As an Italian in UK I can confirm that. And Brexit makes it just a bit more worse :grimacing:

2 Likes

I attest to this: (21% of the value of the product and sometimes something else…)

OT

in Italy on the declared value you pay a tax of 22% called VAT, value added tax, then the amount of the object plus the VAT becomes the taxable calculate the customs tax, therefore you pay the customs also above a tax! Out of the $100 from The End, I paid over $27 in taxes…

I would say the OG Peak was the best playing Peak ever made because it was THE Peak. Whether or not something is the “best playing” is completely subjective and up to the player to decide. People are not paying $600 for a Peak because it’s a performance machine. They are paying that much because they love the feel of the original.

More like 102 cents :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Can I plant the idea of a POM Peak in your head :eyes:

5 Likes

Pom is so nice to the touch, gives a premium feeling imo. Very durable too

waiting for the hybrid version :crossed_fingers::sparkles:

3 Likes

you are all quite happy with these rates.
In Brazil, there is a 60% import tax on top of the declared value, whether declared as a gift or commercial item over 50 dollars (and what do you buy with a measly 50 dollars including international shipping to brazil? an entry-level plastic yoyo. And now to increase revenue, the left-wing government that recently entered the government, removed the tax exemption on products of up to $50 dollars (including shipping) and to make it even better, they increased it by another 17% in a new tax on “circulation of goods and services”. Yes, if I pay $100 for a yoyo, I will pay a total of $100 for the yoyo + $77.00 in customs fees. “We want the strong state”, they said… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

‘You’ would say that… and that is your opinion.

I said the Original Peak isn’t the best playing Peak, and that is my opinion.

You are correct and my opinion was/is completely subjective and my decision to state.

I never suggested that they are. My opinion never suggested there was a correct price to pay for an OG Peak. That is also completely subjective and up to the individual as to the exact amount they are willing to pay for the Original Peak experience.

I never disputed that. For the prices, some people are willing to pay. They certainly better like it. And I never suggested in any way, shape or form, that the original Peak wasn’t or isn’t a great playing experience. I simply stated that the original run of the Peak was not/is not the best performing version of the Peak.

And that of course is also ‘my opinion’ and I am not really understanding your unwillingness to accept the reality of my right to have opinions?

I deliberately started my post by identifying it as having a two cent value. The reason being is because I wanted to be very specific that this is my particular personal opinion, and nothing more hence the two cent value.

You on the other hand, do not really care for anything I post and seem to come out of the woodwork to be contrary, which is nothing new to anybody that has regularly visited this forum for the past few years.

But since you have taken it upon yourself to arbitrarily inflate your monetary value of my personal opinions, stated in what I would consider one of my shortest replies, here is something for you to chew on and maybe you could put a dollar value on his view too😁

This review was written a long, long time ago. This review was written by a guy that knew and knows a crap ton about Peaks. If you read the review… It will be interesting to see if you’re willing to accept that he could have an opinion too. Interestingly, in his opinion, from 13 years ago, approximately, that the original run of the Peak, he did not consider the best playing run of the Peaks.

Which, of course, we can agree. It’s still just his opinion. Of course his opinion is based on extensive experience with just about every Peak run ever made.

But, of course, when nostalgia, emotional attachment, intrinsic value, historical value and other aspects, enter into an equation, it seems some people conclude or profess, that their personal feelings present, a stronger validation to support their opinion over the opinions of others.

Here ya go…… a genuine look back on the history of the Peaks. And this certainly isn’t a 2 cent view. This guy has been around the block a few times…

3 Likes

Plenty of people pay this much for a peak not because of the play but because of the history.

I know of collectors that want to have them all and the peak is where clyw started so of course they want one.

This also happens with plenty of people that just want what they grew up with as well who want what was popular at the time even if there’s better today.

2 Likes

I said that people like the feel, which could include more than just the way it feels while playing it. I didn’t say that people aren’t paying $600 for a Peak to collect them.

I’m very sorry to know… it becomes impossible to live like this… I hope you all have the strength to react as a people!

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t read your comment. I opted read the Dune series instead.

1 Like

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I had several ‘older Peaks’. I never had one of the painted Peaks. I’ve never even held a painted Peak in my hand. I am not a ‘run expert’ on any yo-yos ever made. I have never attempted to gather comprehensive information on: how many of this version was made… what colorways came on what yo-yo… how many units were made of whatever color in whatever batch… which run weighs .3 grams more than another… etc, etc.

I do know, that even way back then, I had more yo-yos than anybody needs and the Peaks did not stand out to me or generate any feelings of gathering more to get happier😉

And I do remember giving mine away to people that obviously wanted them more than I did.

But, I do like the Peak in general. I have several currently and you don’t see me selling them.

PS… an interested factoid(in my opinion). When the painted Peaks first came out, people were amazed! I’m not saying they shouldn’t have been. After all, it was a PAINTED PEAK!

And the buy in price wasn’t an arm, leg and first born, I remember it wasn’t a financial challenge of the times.

I was a Custom Painter for more than a few decades and just happened to know a few things about ‘painting things’, you could say. The simplicity of the painted Peak color scheme I found amusing. It looked like a middle school art project. And…… painted yo-yos chip, fade, often feel a little sticky/grippy, etc. I wasn’t a fan.

Then, I had this bright idea. I wanted to find out more about Levi. And I discovered something amazing. Levi was a very accomplished Custom painter from Canada. A long time Custom painter with extensive experience.

So, the simple paint scheme on the Peak wasn’t a limit in abilities. It was just what was decided for the project. It wasn’t the best that Levi could do. It just needed to work.

All these years later, I can appreciate the look of the painted Peaks, because I know the simple layout was done by a Master Painter.

3 Likes

Since you seem more comfortable dealing with fiction, reading the Dune series was probably a better fit for you.

Non fiction is usually more challenging to some folks.

Enjoy your worms…

3 Likes

The custom peaks Levi did tended to be more sticky feeling than the original eggshell run. I think he did more clearcoats at the end on the others.

I actually had him custom paint a raw peak and he was charging $120 minimum and it went up from there so the og run was a steal for people that liked the look.

I think if you weren’t constantly on yoyonation then the peak just didn’t seem that interesting. It gained a lot of hype on the forum for its release but people were on theyo, yoyoguy and extremespin at the time.

1 Like

Wow 77% is a ridiculously hard hit…
You just made Brexit look a lot better by comparison

2 Likes