Plastic Peak CLYWxLuftverk

Anyone know much about an ETA on this project? I am definitely excited.

Any scoop appreciated if you are at liberty to share.

19 Likes

Supposedly the prototypes are already being made, so the first CAD has been completed.

9 Likes

Plastic Peak CLYWxLuftverk

Wait, really? Wow. What a time to be alive.

6 Likes

Hope this evolves into a delrin version with Cabal spacers as well.

10 Likes

Is this definitely a thing? If so, that’s amazing!

I’d love to paint a few!

5 Likes

NO WAY !!! A plastic peak !!! Count me in :star_struck:

6 Likes

It will be machined from the Luftverk injection molded blank.

You can see that @jeffreypang911 left plenty of room for those high Peak walls.

15 Likes

I’m just saying, I am getting in on the 1st run to fund my kids college. Missed out on the OG run, lol.

Jokes aside, I can’t wait to see how it turns out, and if the material will only lend to solid colors on production runs or if there is a possibility of getting some designs of some sort on them (Maple Drip, OG, etc…). Even if it looks kinda corny.

Wonder if you could airbrush this material with any success?

5 Likes

I have an update for this, it’s gonna be designed more similarly to the classic peak design than a modern design

Words from steve himself :no_mouth:

21 Likes

Thank god,

OG peaks > Peak 2

7 Likes

Wonder what the diameter will be like. Seems like plastics usually are larger to add rim weight. Definitely interested.

4 Likes

Hi @kretzschmar ! I know is dyeable ! Go see my post of yesterday :wink:Yo-yo dyeing first try!

5 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous

1 Like

Hm I wonder if the plastic Peak will have the post then. The blanks didn’t leave any room for that.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a photo of the other side of the blank, But a Peak defiantly needs the Iconic CLYW post

I’m immediately interested in this! I love the Fulvia!

The recess IG account reposted a crazy looking dye job recently

2 Likes

@Rosenberg I was pretty impressed and exited when I saw this !!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t know if they gonna do more white First Base in the near future?!! :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Oh my bad lol it was yours, didn’t realize that

1 Like

Anyone know when this will be released?