Plastic Peak CLYWxLuftverk

Definitely inspires me to put my cash towards the plastic Fulvia and this plastic OG Peak to inspire more throws in this vein from Mr. Pang and his collaborators.

Can you imagine a line of iconic metals that helped shape the unresponsive movement remade in plastic for all to experience? Bringing forth companies alive today and companies passed? Sure, some of said companies can just do it themselves, but many cannot and Mr. Pang has the equipment.

And I’m rambling about something I have no hand in, but I really wanted to share an idea.

14 Likes

I would LOVE to see some of the original YYJs get an updated rerelase in this way.

6 Likes

The plastic fulvia is really great so I think the peak will be equally as great . I wonder if they will use the same technique on this one

3 Likes

Just an FYI, the plastic 000 had a low key release on the Luftverk site today.

8 Likes

I saw their Instagram and ordered one right away.

3 Likes

Got me a medium teal. Looks lovely

3 Likes

Update from the CLYW discord fireside chat: Steve said without even trying it (plastic Peak), it’s gonna be in his Top 5 CLYW’s ever, since Jeff really understands what makes a CLYW a CLYW more than any other person minus Chris Mikulin (in addition to being an incredible yoyo designer, esp. when it comes to plastics). They are ordered but no prototypes are in hand yet from what I understand. Steve and Jeff have really spent a lot of time talking about it, and going over, and they’re confident it will be a banger.

Slightly related updates for those curious:
Peak 3 on the other hand is just still in the discussion stages, no CAD quite yet since Chris is crazy busy.
Leaf needs one more round of prototypes but is super super close, Steve had the most recent proto that he showed on screen compared to a Chief.

18 Likes

Was a solid fireside chat I enjoyed it, nice update spence

3 Likes

God that sounds like a load of horse manure. I’m excited about it too, but c’mon Steve.

2 Likes

Theyve been solicited to retailers!

Three colors on first release!

17 Likes

Steve clearly saw me say I was ready for it. Thanks Unc!

1 Like

I LOVE it.

Tried it like a month ago when I saw Steve at a wedding in Ohio. Feels so good. Easy all day, every day kind of appeal.

13 Likes

that just says “solicited” to retailers, which means they’re seeing who wants to buy them. either way, exciting stuff

5 Likes

Thanks, I didnt know the diffrence! Fixed it now

1 Like

So ready for this and the Peak 3!

1 Like

I’m coming back from a multi-year hiatus. I hit the YoYoExpert blog and was stoked to see “CLYW Peak 2 Return!”. Took me a minute to notice it was posted in 2019. So yeah, bring on the Peak 3! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still crazy exciting!! Cant wait to see the colors for the first run

1 Like

Heck yea! Are there any colors that are typical CLYW? Otherwise I expect green/white/grey, same as the other plastic releases from Luftverk

1 Like

So many yo-yos so little money

4 Likes

I hope it isn’t 59mm

2 Likes