Plastic Peak CLYWxLuftverk

Honestly no idea, havent seen a plastic clyw release before (i know of the yeti/big dipper but wasnt around for them)

1 Like

I can tell the plastic peaks will be phenomenal

2 Likes

Can you share it here?

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m hoping it isnā€™t gigantic after having seen the Fulvia and 000ā€™s diameters. Big yoyos are fun, but are more of a novelty than something I want to use for a long session.

4 Likes

Plastic Peak is gonna go hard. Hoping at least one of the colorways has a callback to the OG 50 colorway.

White with blue accent colors would be such an incredible callback.

7 Likes

probably it would be close to original specs of 54mm diameter or upscale a bit to 55mm but whoā€™s knows until we get an official post.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping, never got my hands on the OG as a kid so maybe I can at least get a plastic version :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Unlikely. I asked jeffery about doing smaller diameter plastics and he said he preferred the larger diameter so no plans.

1 Like

I always assumed plastics have to be around 57ish+ mm diameter to add rim weight for stability. I canā€™t think of many undersized solid plastic/non hybrids besides like the lyn fury and whip. I hope itā€™ll be smaller, I have been wanting a smaller diameter plastic for awhile. I have been eyeing up the something delrin hybrid slasher.

1 Like

The Top Yo Cloud and Doc Pop BoltXP are in the 56mm range.

OTOH, the Fulvias might be a better predictor:

Plastic Fulvia ~ 59mm
Hybrid Fulvia ~ 57.5mm
Mono/bimetal < 56mm

2 Likes

22 Likes

Wow that box design!!!

1 Like

Ah man mine didnā€™t post and now it looks like I reposted :joy:

Looks like it isnā€™t gonna be the same dimensions as the original peak. Understandable considering itā€™s plastic, but I was quite fond of the size of the peak. Still really excited anyways!

Yep. Says it was scaled larger in every dimension I think.

2 Likes

Full text from the box.

The CLYW Peak Reimagined as an injection molded plastic. Based on the original design from 2006 we created this return top as another chapter of the legendary Peak.

In attempt to preserve the original proportions in a lighter material the shape has been scaled larger in every dimension. This also creates an incredible floaty feel. The highest quality is achieved by using Luftverkā€™s Injection Machining technology.

Bit sad that itā€™ll be oversized personally, but Iā€™ll wait and see.

10 Likes

Same. Iā€™m bummed but know it probably had to be done cause small diameter plastics kinda blow, Iā€™m just hoping it retains as much feel as possible. Still my most anticipated release of the year and overall super excited about it :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ll take the larger diameter over a worse yoyo any day.

8 Likes

Now to do a hybrid design with original dimensions

Of course the rim weight will change play as well but I think it would be interesting

5 Likes

Welcome to two minutes paperā€¦