My painted Peak 2

I’ve always loved the OG Peak yoyo. It’s a throw that was THE thing to have when I first started yoyoing and seemingly unattainable since.

Having always been a fan and knowing in myself that I’d never be able to get one (or justify spending so much on one!) I decided to do the next best thing, and make my own.

So, I found a Peak 2 on the best and got my paints together and made this;

I used car spray paints and cut out my stencil on a sticker, then got to work. Took me a few hours due to paint drying but overall I think it turned out really well and I really enjoyed making it. I put a clear varnish over everything to protect the paint.

I tried to paint each half with the same amount but it was tricky to make sure it was equal, the end result was a small amount of string vibe but I’m fine with that. Time will tell if the paint will be hard-wearing enough but if not I can always re-paint it!

Really enjoyed the process, and I can’t wait to try out more designs on other Peak 2s.

38 Likes

That’s Fresh :+1:

2 Likes

That is so awesome!!! Love this! What color was the Peak to begin with?

I want to do this now, but with pink or green mountains :grin:

2 Likes

This is dope! Id love to do this but im not artistic by any means😂

2 Likes

Glad you all like it!

I’ve been wanting to paint a Peak 2 for a long time now.

It was the dark blue colour-way and had a few scratches on it so I wasn’t fussed about painting it.

I’ll probably make a post on how I made it, because I had a few hiccups that people could avoid if they want to try.

I do plan on painting more, just need more Peak 2s!

4 Likes

Looks super clean! <3

4 Likes

Would love to see this!

2 Likes

Love what you did with it!!! Better than the 1000$ some people want for the original!!

2 Likes

I had a Levi painted Peak - Sold it. Bad choice.

You have done a great job on your Peak 2. Well done.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Like I said, it’s something I really enjoyed doing and want to get into a bit more, so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Beautiful! Well done man!

3 Likes

That looks great. Solid work!

2 Likes

Really wanted to bring this thread back to life after @Lukoyo painted my raw peak in the OG white and blue mountains style! Truly talented painter!

7 Likes

Amazing :clap: :star_struck: :scream_cat: :hushed: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

I’m so pleased that you’re happy with it! I had a blast painting the OG colours on a Peak!

2 Likes

Great !
We also love original white and made white yoyos with great respect to it.

2 Likes