Pet Peeves

As am I. However, I’m just the opposite. I’m a guy and I sing the soprano part all the time, but I can hardly sing alto. Seriously, tenor and bass are pretty much off limits with my vocal range.

YoYo Related

I’ll never be good as so-and-so, they’re just too good.
False. Everyone started somewhere… even Jensen Kimmitt. He started out just like you. The only difference between you and him is practice. Practice is key.

Well, maybe if I get an expensive yoyo I’ll be better.
This is one of my pet peeves, honestly. Jensen Kimmitt won the 2010 World YoYo Contest with a $35 plastic yoyo. You don’t need an expensive yoyo to be good at yo-yoing. Anything you can do with a $100, $200, or even $300 yoyo you can do with a Protostar… it’s $35. It’s about the player, not the yoyo.

This yoyo costs more than that yoyo… it must be better!
No. Just no. Once again children… Anything you can do with a $100, $200, or even $300 yoyo you can do with a Protostar…

People who don’t use correct grammar.

4 Likes

Grammar rocks.

Fixed

double fixified

Pretty sure I’m baritone. I also know that I can sing just over 3 octaves on a good day. However, since my singing starts low, I can’t really sing high.

Hey! Dont mock or point me out!

he didn’t. the fact that you reacted like that has revealed your guilty conscience. repent!!!

This grammar crap has to stop. I’m sick and tired of people who claim to not have the mental capacity to read replies that have lacking grammar.

That’s my pet peeve.

2 Likes

Whoah whoah whoah, are you saying that Global warming isn’t real?

yes.

My pet peeve is lazy people. I don’t like them.

No, it happens every day. Just watch your thermometer.

But yes, I am saying that global warming isn’t happening. Climate change is. The climate is always changing. It has been and always will be. Temperatures fluctuate anyways.

my pet peeve is people who spend their entire life staring at an iPod, but have the nerve to say I’m wasting my life with a yoyo. especially if that person is my friend.

Alright, I suppose you’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t want to start a fight here. but, just saying, about 97% of scientists agree that global warming is real and is happening. So when your great great grandchildren suffer, it won’t be my fault.

a couple hundred years ago, it was forbidden to think that the world revolved around the sun. about 97% of scientists believed that the world was flat…

Yes definatley. I hate when im around people and all that their doing is staring at their ipod and totally ignoring you.

No, 97% of Christian philosophers thought that, and without any way to prove it correct or not. We have technology, records, and absolute masses of data to show that global warming is real and happening. Now, If you want to ignore that, that’s your choice. I like to think of it like this: If we do prepare and work together to reduce our emissions, what bad can come of it? Even if Global Warming isn’t real, (Even though there’s solid proof it is), being green can’t hurt the earth. But not being green has no benefit whatsoever.

The media is a powerful weapon. One who can manipulate it by making people feel that we are doing something wrong can easily convince the majority of people. Don’t believe me, look at Kony 2012.

Actually, I believe that statistic was for scientists that believe climate change, not global warming. The idea that humans can contribute as much to the atmosphere as some people say is preposterous. Humans account for only 3-4% of atmosperic CO. If a volcano erupts, boom, tons more CO (Many more than a few tons) in the atmosphere.

Another thing that is never pointed out; the ice in Antarctica is actually getting thicker. If the Earth was warming, wouldn’t that mean that temperatures would UNIVERSALLY rise across the Earth? All of the charts supporting global warming fail to mention one critical thing, water vapor. It accounts for about 95% of the “Greenhouse Effect”. Now, when you add the numbers, humans only contribute to about .28% of all greenhouse gasses.

But enough of this. Lets get this thread back on topic.

1 Like