Perfect Knot Picking Tool

I have one of these in my toolbox for its intended use, but the other day it dawned on me that this would be perfect for picking axle knots and not destroying anno, and I’ll be dipped, I was right. It’s SUPER handy having the hook to dig right into the knot. They are available all over, not just from the jungle warehouse

10 Likes

a 0.5mm tip mechanical pencil also works great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use the plastic pick from my Swiss Army Knife.

3 Likes

Those look great. How strong are they? I always seems to have axle knots that bend or break anything plastic. Stringbuddyseth designed something really nice that won’t bend and though I guess it could scratch ano, he rounds the point off to reduce that possibility.

1 Like

Idk I just use a toothpick

8 Likes

I have a throw key, but I often misplace it and wind up using tooth picks and plastic spudgers. This looks awesome.

Nylon zip tie.

1 Like

Yeah that’s my typical go to at home

In my experience it is plenty strong

1 Like

mallet

2 Likes

Now we’re talking

Paper clip with the end bent out. I have a magnet on the fridge where it resides. Simple and accessible.

2 Likes

I use a shish kabob skewer. Works great!

did none of you use a tweezers?

I just get extra toothpicks from restaurants with the fun little flag end and wrap some old yoyostring around em and use those. 10/10 would recommend

1 Like

My fave is the hooked toothpick. 75 pieces for $1.25.

3 Likes

Actually looks pretty good I’m going to order. Can use for other things around the house to in case I don’t like them. Thank you!

1 Like

My kids usually have lego lying around so I mostly use lego katanas :laughing:

1 Like

You convinced me, I just bought a pair, they’ll be here tomorrow! Thanks for sharing! I have been using some very well made tweezers but these look like a much better tool for the job and I won’t have to worry about scratches.

1 Like

Cheap, won’t scratch, and enough that you can afford to always misplace them :slight_smile:

2 Likes