Peak

amen.

i tried the peak, i neither liked it nor disliked it, it is a good yoyo from a great company.

nuff sed

Do you ever make posts that aren’t a paragraph long? :slight_smile:

Lol, are you serious?

Anyways, it’s a collectors item, more or less because of the performance gap it offered from any other competing models at the time. Today, performance wise, you’re better of with a Shutter, a Czechpoint, a Hatchet 2 or something in that price range.

I’m thinking that, if the Chief were to only be made in one run, it would soon have a similar status to the Peak…

I get that tone is hard to convey online, but yeah, I’m serious. You’re telling me this isn’t an awesome looking yoyo?

1 Like

Yes.

I do occasionally.

If reading gives you congestive brain failure; I would suggest to avoid reading anything I post up.

2 Likes

Yes. The design nor the color scheme really appeals to me… The anodized Peaks looks much better IMO

That’s your opinion, I respect that. There were some nice anodized colors, such as frozen mammoth.

Related to an earlier post, I too was 6 when the peaks were released. However, I was browsing YYN when I was 7-8 years old, so I grew up around them. I only started collecting however when I got a job.

Oh man, that SL…

Even though i may have only been about that age also, I can completely appreciate a Peak.

1 Like

Pretty sure they were 90 new. Forgot to mention the oxy 4.

1 Like

I’ve owned 11 peaks. The OG’s I bought from YYN were $79

I’ll toss in here since I have owned 4 but now I’m down to 2.

It’s mostly the feel for me, objectively it isn’t as good as some of the ones out today. It doesn’t hold your hand, can tilt relatively easily, and doesn’t have an insanely high spin time. But it’s incredibly fun to play. The float and ease it moves around with is still unique(ish) to the Peak. You can do anything you want on it, but it wont make it easier. But it will make it fun!

After throwing many modern yo-yos, I still often go back to them to play for a while. They are really fun to play, and that’s about it.

Also I think they look pwetty.

So what you’re saying is you have to learn to throw straighter, have more control and be a smoother player to use the Peak. Sounds like too much work, the kids today will never like this yoyo ::slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do. I try to learn tricks on throws like this, I find it makes doing tricks on modern throws much easier.

I equate learning tricks on a peak to a baseball player swinging with a donut. It is more difficult, no doubt, but it makes swinging the unweighted bat much easier.

I’ve never tried the peak (really want to!) but I think it does looks amazing aesthetically. Would lvoe that kind of design but in green :slight_smile:

Sounds like the yoyo for me! :slight_smile: Fixed axles are better though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reading gives me no discomfort. But overly long posts sometimes do.

Then sadly you have a personal problem you have to deal with.

I cannot solve or cure your inability or refusal to deal with groups of connected words beyond your attention span functionality.

Slow reading skills…

Attention disorder…

No patience…

Refusal to acknowledge potentially pertinent information…

Disavowing the ‘knowledge is power’ axiom…

Frustration causing a written communication disorder…

…Reach out and seek help.

Don’t tell me

1 Like

because carbiou’s marketing is the stuff of legend

3 Likes