Pay It Forward Inception

I was planning to take the Zombie because I have set aside some stickers, strings, and parts to include.

7 Likes

I think skip @TryCatchThrow since he is getting the Zombie throw lol and go to the next person on the list. I think that would be best.

7 Likes

Iā€™m up for one going to the UK. Any other UK throwers shown interest?

Not in the uk but Europe mainland. For sure!

3 Likes

UK or Europe are not cost effectiveā€¦ā€¦
Oh by the way the ā€œZombieā€ Inception is the on itā€™s way and says it arrives Friday!!

Yes sir Friday it isā€¦ā€¦picture upon arrival too! This is going to @TryCatchThrowā€¦ā€¦ have fun buddy!
R

5 Likes

I just sent @UnluckyOwl53 a DMā€”Silver w/ Gold Rims will be on itā€™s way by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Iā€™ll be putting in some strings and some graffiti cards for signatures/doodles, that kinda thing.

I also have to file an Incident Report with the threadā€¦

On a walk with the family the other day, I was throwing the Inception, saying my farewells. My youngest (very autistic) suddenly decided he needed to make a mad dash across the street. I grabbed him before he got very far, but I had just thrown a break away. The string snapped back, and I heard the horrifying KLANG of yo-yo on concrete. :confounded: :pensive:

2 small dings on the rims. Not deep, but definitely took off ano. Nothing got misaligned, or anything as far as I can tell. Felt the same on the next throw I did once we were back inside.

I am very sorry. I feel awful about it.

15 Likes

Let the ding set us free! Glad everyone is safe.

11 Likes

Haha its okay it happens

4 Likes

Hey man, protect your kid and donā€™t worry about the yo-yo. I hope I speak for everyone when I say kids are more important. Dings are bound to happen eventually anywayā€¦ unless you yo-yo in a rubber room, but even then youā€™d have to have no rings, edit: zippers, belt buckles, metal buttons, etc.

8 Likes

Dings are good, life is dings. Embrace the dings as they make the world a little more beautiful.

4 Likes

I got a ding over the weekend from my yoyo landing perfectly in a hoody zipper grind LOL

5 Likes

Not sure if thereā€™s a queue stored by someone, but Iā€™d also love to give this yoyo a try!

2 Likes

Do you have any feedback anywhere? After the @Jayjo866 incident (and seemingly developing @Roman_Soup incident in the PIF TiDream Thread), everyone in these Pay It Forward threads are being (understandably) super cautious to only send to members who have feedback/have been members of the community for awhile. Itā€™s an awesome yoyo and as many people should try it as possible, but maybe get a few BST deals under your belt, and hang around the forums for a bit! Itā€™s unfortunate that a few bad apples have had to spoil things so that this is the case.

4 Likes

I donā€™t. Iā€™ve mostly just traded and played with yoyos with my in person friends and just got onto being more involved online. Iā€™ll come back and ask maybe once Iā€™ve done a few more of the other PIFs with less pricey yoyos. I did sell a yoyo once on ebay, but I donā€™t know if that would really count.

Unfortunately for what is happening and going on in other threads, I think this is the option for now. Thank you for looking out @SR1, sorry @CloudyDino but the list is closed for now. I really appreciate your interest in wanting to get involved.

1 Like

Might be a good idea for us to start cataloguing positive pay it forward feedback as well. If CloudyDino ships the Silenus for that pay it forward once itā€™s claimed, that would be enough for me to trust that my Panorama would be handled without issue.

I struggled with how to manage this with my pay it forward, because the whole point is letting people try out a yoyo they wouldnā€™t have purchased due to ignorance of the brand, being priced out, or a lack of interest based on the shape. I think ideally it would mostly be the newer guys getting to try this stuff out. Iā€™m not saying that caution isnā€™t warranted at this point, but maybe offering trade feedback in exchange for responsibly handling a pay it forward would be a good way to positively reinforce the desired behavior here.

4 Likes

I agree 100% anyone that took part in pay it forward could use the shipment for some basic positive feedback. But itā€™s up to the sender to request it.

5 Likes

Completely agree with this!

2 Likes

@FullSpectrumDad sent me tracking and its on the way! ill make a post once it lands

1 Like

Alrighty gentlemenā€”I made it to the post office just in time today, and was able to get the Silver w/ Gold on itā€™s way to @UnluckyOwl53.

I really appreciate the understanding regarding the dings.

Kinda like to chime in on dealing with the fall out of Ghosty-McGhost-ā€œI swear I didnā€™t steal itā€¦ā€

I think using a Pay It Forward as a source of positive (or negative) feedback is a really good idea. In my mind, itā€™s basically the same thing as a trade or sale, but with a whole lot more trust. With a sale or trade, there is usually some recourse if one party scoots off, or fails to delivery on their end.

With Pay It Forward, that isnā€™t the case. It took months of hints, nudges, waves, etc. to get him to even respond or acknowledge the comments. Twice that to send the poor, helpless, and heartlessly harvested throw back on track.

I had my eye on this thread since I became an active member. If theyā€™re like me, and really enjoy buying, selling, and trading, generating feedback doesnā€™t take long. Not everyone is weird like I am, though lol.

Perhaps instead of the generic title of ā€œTraders Feedback,ā€ we do something like, ā€œPay It Forward Feedback,ā€ or something like that. It kinda becomes itā€™s own class of feedback, and given the trust inherently involvedā€¦honestly, I feel would carry a lot more weight than, ā€œI bought/traded with X and he sent it! Woot!ā€ :joy: At least with me, personally.

10 Likes