Pay It Forward Inception

Wow, have I missed A LOT.

I mean…just…WOW. I really don’t know what else to say about the state the OG Inception arrived in. The whole thing has been a bit like a train wreck. Horrible, yet you can’t look away :joy:. The guy is just ridiculous. His reputation is thrashed. And for what? Maybe a double handful of string samples, a bearing…and…an…axle…?

What part of that list says, “Worth it!”?? Maybe I just don’t understand how amazing that axle is.

Le Sigh.

It sucks that it all happened like it did—like he’s created a stain within an otherwise incredible community. I’m glad that it’s out of his hands though, or most of it is, and getting back on track. After getting some emergency medical attention and some donated guts to save it’s life.

I can’t believe I’m coming up on the end of my time already! I love this throw! It’s definitely jumped to the top of my wishlist. @moefv You guys definitely created something very special—I’ve never thrown anything like it!

I have a request for you guys on the list:

I’ve been on the fence about asking, but my time is nearly up, and I finally decided there was no harm in it. If no one is down, no worries my dudes.

I’ve been working on this big skill-toy kit for my kids, for what feels like forever at this point, and I was wondering if three of you guys on the list would be up for donating your Few & Far Between enamel pin and Totem/spin tops, so I could add them as awesome little extras for the boys?

No worries at all if you guys want your goodies, they are super cool, and I totally get it :joy::grin:.

6 Likes

Both @rockstar and @FullSpectrumDad have told me they are sending me their Inception next. I should probably only get one…

Edit: or maybe I should, then half swap them, then send them both out :thinking:

3 Likes

Edit… txt removed… there can be no half swaps!

Edit 2- need to be true to self… half swaps make everything more exciting😉

1 Like

Unpopular opinion… I hate half swaps :rofl:

11 Likes

Same

4 Likes

I like halfswaps on some throws (my red/blue K.O. brings me great joy) but I think a halfswap between these two colorways would be an abomination. Silver/gold with engraving on one side and blue/silver with no engraving on the other side just clashes.

Ivan

6 Likes

I was mostly kidding. The throws belong to two different people.

3 Likes

Here’s an idea: the blue one continues in the traditional Pay It Forward way—first to say they want it, gets it.

The silver one just goes down the list, and then is returned to @moefv as planned.

That way, the chain continues, and we’re not sending two to the same person.

Maybe some preferential treatment to those sacrificing their yo-yo guts to resuscitate the blue one and bring it back from the dead :grin:.

From this point forward, I dub the Blue Inception… The Zombie! :joy:

3 Likes

If no one wants it at the end of the designated period, best to send back to the original owner to avoid a situation where the temp user disappears for whatever reason. At least the owner gets back the yoyo.

2 Likes

Soooo is jayo still on here taking advantage of people or are the mods going to ban him? Where is the straight answer on that?

4 Likes

Having a negative feedback thread is only good if someone knows to search for it. (New members don’t typically know the ins and outs) he’s better off out of the community than sticking around on the side lines nickel and diming people out of bearings and axels. Just my opinion.

5 Likes

On the other hand, if he gets banned he can just make a new account with a VPN and none of this will follow him.

3 Likes

…let’s not give him any ideas :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Whole situation is Bizarre to say the least. I literally won one of his giveaways and he sent an extra yo-yo with it… Then he does this? Like were the yoyos I won stolen?

3 Likes

Its also odd how when he has it he’s no where to be found… He sends back and he’s right back in the community every day… But yet doesn’t respond to any of this

2 Likes

Bro will literally do anything BUT take responsibility/apologize/make the situation right.

He’s out here chilling, filming and uploading YouTube videos as of 1 day ago, like he didn’t just scam the community.

It’s so off bro lol

2 Likes

Jeff’s life motto be like

8 Likes

Let’s not make this a toxic thread. A Beautiful thing actually happened here… the community came together and almost got some level of justice by working together…
Thank you @Jayjo866 for bringing so many of us together in one common cause. In no way am i actually complimenting @Jayjo866 (just to be clear ) but i want to acknowledge that’s the rest of you all… all of us (except @Jayjo866 ) did a good thing together.

17 Likes

Love peace and positivity!

5 Likes

Did we land on a plan for what to do with Zombie and the Silver/Gold Inception?

I was going to send it to @TryCatchThrow on the First, but he said @rockstar was sending Zombie his way (yes I’m sticking with that name! :joy:).

I can totally just move on down to the next name. Someone mentioned something about sending one back, so I thought I’d ask.

2 Likes