Overwhelmed with your amount of yoyos?

Like they say having less Is more fun less headache. For yoyos I think having real top dollar throws is all u need I had alot but now down to 4 bimetals my time jacker is coming i had about almost 30 throws sold em kept the best

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to be in your cloths, Doc! (joke! :wink:)
If one day you manage to do it, before starting to sell, I would be so curious to see a photo of 1500 yoyos all put together side by side! ā€¦ I canā€™t even imagine such a thing ā€¦ in my brain does not have enough space! :sweat_smile:Iit should be as wonderful a thing as Emperor Qin Shi Huangā€™s Terracotta Army!

12 Likes

I feel the same :slight_smile:
I had about 70 yoyoā€™s and sold a few and gave others as gifts.
Now I have 32 yoyoā€™s and they seem too many to me since half of them are collectible jewels that I barely launch, but that I cannot sell since when I launch them I really enjoy their game and quality.
I always propose to keep only 10 and sell the rest: but it is impossible for me ā€¦ having a variety of yo-yos encourages me to play more, to polish my style and find my flow :slight_smile:
From time to time I keep buying some, there are always interesting and great things that I would like to have and try, (I have a list of objectives to achieve :slight_smile:
I feel like if I only had a couple of yo-yoā€™s I would bore them and not pitch as much as I do now.
By the way, I would also like to see 1500 yoyos together in the same photo, hehehe;)

7 Likes

As someone who missed out on 2005>2015, if you ever do decide to sell Iā€™d love to be in line to get a chance to buy some throws.

I only started back up in 2018 and have never used the BST, so my collection is under 20, but I was able to snag a bunch of good stuff from paying attention to drops and the sorts. However one of my favorite throws is a Metal Zero V2 I got from ebay. But since I missed that era, the only way for me to get some of the stuff Iā€™m seeking is to start using the BST here but I havenā€™t really seen any of the old stuff I want come up for sale.

I know what Iā€™m looking for is coveted, but Iā€™m just like having a few prime select picks in my collection instead of several hundred random ones.

Good luck on sliming them down!

4 Likes

Also, taking care of what we have. Itā€™s often easier to buy new for some people than getting a bearing near perfect, and applying just the right amount of silicone. The old yo-y0 can give you the new yo-yo dopamine rush too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nothing earlier than 2015.

2 Likes

Magical is a good word! I found my few magical. When I got serious in 2018 I had no idea about specs and weights and even if someone was an expert on specs you never know what magical is until youā€™ve thrown something so I bought a lot of budget yoyos. Over the winter I am going to fill a box with Donā€™t Wants and make a Plan.

5 Likes

The last time I saw this referenced was in a history textbook when I wasā€¦9? Thanks for the reminder, haha.

3 Likes

I just trade multiples in the other personā€™s favor to slim down to some favorites

5 Likes

undoubtedly one of the most impressive works created by human beings!
In the early 90s, they tried to remake full-height terracotta statues and despite modern cooking ovens, on average 3 every 10 broke ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you look at it this way, you sell 70 yoyos that, say you net $20 each on, that is $1400. Thatā€™s a decent chunk for not too much work. But I agree, itā€™s worth it also to give them to people that may not be able to get one, or who will use it more.

6 Likes

You could do bundles to make the time and shipping worth it for you and the customer.

6 Likes

I feel a similar way.
I dont like having too much stuff. When I was first starting out I had this fantasy that I would have one yoyo I liked best and thats all I need.
A few years later I have started amassing a much larger collection than I am comfortable with. The problem is that I dont have much id sell. Everything plays unique in my collection and I dont have duplicates. Even if I dont play with something for months I could pick it up and enjoy it a bunch.
The only way to stop my collection growing anymore is to stop buying stuff but I do like trying out new stuff! I try making conscious purchases but folks are putting out so much good stuff nowadays!
Dunno where I was going with this :joy:

11 Likes

My problem would be that Iā€™m located in Germany and selling or trading is pretty tough from here ā€¦
Collection starting to become to much and there are still releases Iā€™m very curious about :cold_face:

3 Likes

I have a couple of friends on the forumsā€¦one from Germany, the other from the Netherlands. Over the last couple of years theyā€™ve bought dozens upon dozens of yoyos mainly through BST here in the USA and have had all of them shipped to me where I do video unboxings for them. Once I have a ton of their yoyos, I then ship 1 big giant box their way. In the long run they save a huge amount of money on shipping compared to trying to ship each throw internationally individually.
And itā€™s been SOOOO much fun for me! I love getting toys in the mail and Iā€™ve been able to see and try many yos I otherwise would never have had the chance to.

Not sure why Iā€™m sharing this >.<ā€™

19 Likes

Thatā€™s the best though. You get a feel for all that stuff without having to pay for or own them.

5 Likes

Damn I have a similar thing going with my girlfriend. She gets a bunch of yoyos and then ships them to me or brings them over when she visits.
She doesnt yoyo thoughšŸ˜…

4 Likes

lol is she a collector then? Does she collect a certain company or colorway? Does she display them? lol never heard of someone buying yoyos when they arenā€™t yoyoers! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

iā€™m not overwhelmed, iā€™m more content. i worked hard to find out what yoyos i really like and have them as a part of my collection. theyā€™re distinct and special points along a journey through our hobby.

keeping organized is the best way to control your collection and not let it control you. having a database, constant rotation, and watching the bsts are ways of keeping control.

13 Likes

What he said. Me too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes