OVER 1 year battle

Well i wish you good luck ahead of time and you’re in :slight_smile:

…geez weird

Ill se if I can make something right now, so ill be ready when we actually do this. I have been throwing for like 2 years and 2 months, but I took a break last summer, so technically, 1 year and 11 months.

You can add “myself” to the bracket if you want. It’s your tournament thing after all. Just know that aside from telling me he wanted in there was no communication with him at all. He never submitted for the first round (creating a hole in my bracket and giving his opponent a by)

Here’s the message he sent me after I inquired about whether or not he would actually submit:

That’s it. No reason for it. I’m just going to assume that he had more important things to do. Or that he didn’t even care enough to type a full sentence, so why actually film?

A bracket format battle is difficult to keep up with. And depends a lot on people actually submitting videos and participating. Don’t even get me started on match pairings. I would recommend a standard battle format. That way anyone can join, and if they don’t submit, so be it. It’s not like a second, or third round is depending on it.

Good luck to everyone who is involved.

It all depends now on the amount of people who will be participating. If I was to do a battle with say 20 people, I’m afraid that it would be too much for just I round. But if I was, then I guess I can give everyone like a certain number of votes, maybe half of the number of people that are competing. I’m still thinking about how this is going to work. Thanks for the advice though :slight_smile:

Here’s an idea.

Start with 20 people or so. However many you get. Let’s use 20 as an example. Post every vid and allow voters 8 votes. Top 8 people are entered into a bracket with 3 rounds.

Just a thought.

That might work, incorporate something like a qualifying round. I guess it’ll depend on how many people are going to be participating.

I vote for Alex’s idea

Also, would anyone be in favor of short rounds? Something like 30 seconds with unlimited regens, or no time limit, but only 1 throw with 1 regen

If we are to do the qualifying round thing, then the first round can be something like unlimited throws as long as the video is 30-45 seconds. The only thing I’m afraid of with I throw unlimited regens is that is can go on for a while an it will eventually become awkward with so many regens.

Yeah, I was really busy when you started that thing and I didn’t know how hard it would be to film. Sorry for the inconvenience of that. This time I will film though! Ive got a beast of a combo coming up!

i think it should just be a time limit, no edit, and unlimited throws. Making it more of a freestyle like thing

any thoughts?

Hey guys!

I’d love to have in on the competition, if possible.
Been throwing for around a year and a half.

It’d be the first video I make so I’m kinda nervous, haha.
(going to be filming with a Northstar since I don’t have access to any high-end (check Totalartist’s thread) yoyos)

Well, at least you wont be alone! I also have never made a vid.

So you want in?

Ugh. I hate having 2 accounts on 1 computer. pretend I posted that, cause I did.

I like this idea quite a bit

That probably the format I’m gonna use

PS-for people who are in, work on a 25-45 second clip as part of the qualifying round. I am not going to make a tread yet, but just get it ready ahead of time.

So 45 sec. maximum? Will do ;D

I’m not sure when I’m going to be able to film… Hopefully tomorrow, but I’m not sure. :frowning: I’ll try to get it filmed soon!

No worries, you still have 1.5 weeks before I start the qualifier.