Out of the following which of these are best for 3A?

I know that all 1A yoyos are capable of 3A but I also know that typically unusually heavy, big and/or stable. I’m just listing off yoyos from my collection that I know fit at least some or all of those categories. Which one do you think I should a second one of?

• YYR Valkyrie
  • C3 ROOC
  • DD Monarch
  • C3 Speedaholic XX
  • Luftverk P. Fulvia
  • Mowl M+
0 voters

Conveniently all of these yoyos are already in at least decent condition vibe- and performance-wise, so I just want to buy one to get a 3A set. I might go with one of the plastics anyways just to practice with

2 Likes

How about that titan isn’t that specifically being made for 3A

3 Likes

Yes but the problem is that i would have to buy 2. Which is what I’m trying to avoid. If I was more flush I would fire away on a pair of those very quickly.

2 Likes

I just saw that they’re 80 bucks… hmmm… thanks for pointing out my stupidity as 1 Valkyrie would cost as much as a pair of Titans

3 Likes

Whichever one is the cheapest tbh, and something big diameter not crazy wide I’d think for more stability. I dont play 3A, but thats what I’d go for if I was learning

2 Likes

Not stupidity I just know mark was involved so it’s gonna be a good yoyo regardless no idea on 3A as I have no skill in that style at all.

2 Likes

Just to start a speedaholic or fulvia can be ok I guess but going with the tricks probably you will have to upgrade, for a low price you can get x2 cyber crash 2 for around 65 dollars and will be basically the price of a monometal or you can get x2 recognitions for 80 dollars more or less, if your one is a curiosity you do not need to spend tons, go with the cheapest plastic and start with the basics if you like it you still in time to upgrade.

Do not worry about wide yoyos, I have one top yo noema which is a 3a yoyo and a super performing (bit heavy) 1a yoyo and is quite wide, 2 of those will be too expensive but just to show you that wide yoyos are very fine for 3a as well

3 Likes

You can get a couple n12s or a couple nodes for cheap and I hear those recommended a lot for learning 3a. Also niiiiiiice!!! 3aaaaaaaa!!!

4 Likes

My current greatest accomplishment is being able to lacerate with my lefty. Which isn’t 3A but I’m at least getting comfy with trying ambidexterity

3 Likes

Ayeeee nice getting the throw and bind w the off hand is like the only beginner hurdle so you’re making good progress already ayeeeee!!!

1 Like

3a player here :wave:

Valkyrie >> Mowl M + > C3 ROOC > DD Monarch >> P Fulvia > Speedaholic would be my guess

With that said I agree with others if u have budget for another Valkyrie I’d just get 2 Titans. I’m almost certain they’ll be better than even valkyries for half the price. It’s inspired by some of the best 3a models ever made and made by a great designer. I’ve already preordered 2 myself.

Idk who the people voting for the speedaholic are but that’s a terrible choice if the above are your options. Even if you wanna go uber cheap I’d much rather get 2 MYY N12s instead.

7 Likes

As an XX owner I feel that it’s being suggested due to durability primarily. That thing is nearly indestructible lol. Also thank you for the ranking list. I appreciate it.

It is simply the cheapest option for someone curious to try the style but that maybe will put it in a side after 2 days, I will start low and then go high instead of maybe just waste money and stay with something that will sit in the case forever

1 Like

Yeah I agree the durability of the bimaterial yo-yos might be sketchy. But again if you’re really looking to spend as little as possible and still get something decent, for the price of another speedaholic I’d much rather just get a pair budget MYY metals like N12 or Node.

4 Likes

If you want to go cheap I’d order 2 nodes as they will perform well for about $30 depending on deal. My biased tack is to order 2 Titans as they are very inexpensive for this exact reason. I wanted to make a yoyo that was able to be bought in a pair for the cost of some of the higher-end single throws. The metal, ring placement and attachment style all went into how I made the Titan to help make it hold up to abuse. I let my toddler run around banging it into anything and everything and its still holding up great. Another non-biased take is to look at BST a lot of people sell slightly beat throws for very cheap.

3 Likes

Honestly the Titans look really good. I just need to get good at 3A before I get them. I hope they sell well enough that you do a rerun of them when I feel ready to upgrade to them.

2 Likes

TLDR if you wanna go cheap as possible to dip your toes get N12s or Nodes :grinning:

Speedaholic 3a :-1:

4 Likes

Just get a pair of these they work great for 3a.

2 Likes

You can get two Magic yoyo V3s from yoyo expert for pretty cheap. That’s what I use for 3A, and they work for my basic 3A skills.

2 Likes

You don’t need a dedicated 3A pair, just start practicing with two yoyos that you don’t care about damage on and see if you even want to take the style further.

You don’t have to buy before you try 3A. Then you can use your own preference based on your skill to determine what you want if you want a dedicated pair. Considering buying anything more expensive than myy N11s or N12s or something seems like a waste.

7 Likes