Other hobbies, passions, interests?

Are those standard cards? They seem to “stick” to his fingers in an unnatural way.

2 Likes

Looks like a special deck

1 Like

Can you recommend a good cube? Not looking to spend a ton but also not looking to have to mod one. I haven’t played with one in years and wouldn’t mind getting back into it.

You can do all of this with nearly any deck, however they do make cards designed for cardistry. The print type, paper type, finish, etc, all come into play. Exactly like how yoyos are, they each decks will have certain properties that will aide in being awesome for certain types of tricks and not so great for others. So its not uncommon to have several decks around.

Also, new decks are slippery, fan well, but are a little unruley for packet cuts. Once you drop the cards alot and work em and break em in, the packets will start sticking together much better and become easier for cuts and packet work. So if you find a deck you like, its not uncommon to want to buy a few of them at a time. One to break in, one to keep new, and not a bad idea to keep a sealed on on the shelf. Most of these, i have found, again paralleling yoyos, limited runs and higher than retail costs after they sell out make them a decent investment that holds it value well.

Sure! There are tons of great modern cubes at low prices. I don’t know how low you want to go, but generally speaking a high priced cube is usually in the $30 so a mid range is in about the $15-20 range. An extremely good cube at that price is the GAN356 R. However, if you are looking for something cheaper, you could also go with a Yuxin Little Magic, which is extremely good for it’s price ($4.99), but it’s still not going to be as great as other cubes such as the one I first said, and others like it. But, I mean if you want to get back into it, I understand you wouldn’t want to mess with hardware, but getting some cube lube is not a bad investment. I think you would be fine with the Yuxin Little Magic. If you want a good website to get your stuff from, if you live on the East Coast (I do), Then getting your stuff from theCubicle.us ( or .com depending on when you read this as they are currently moving their site) but if you live on the West Coast, speedcubeshop.com is the way to go. They are both good, but shipping times vary depending on where you live, and I personally am well accustomed to thecubicle so yeah (sorry if that was a bit long, as I do tend to get a bit passionate when talking about this matter :joy:

1 Like

Sleeping is my only talent.

3 Likes