Only one throw

Wanker

5 Likes

I would probably change this answer by the week, but right now the G2 Respawn Lite is my most enjoyed throw.

3 Likes

If you could only have one, and you couldnā€™t replace it, it might be good to have something tough like stainless steel or titanium. But since itā€™s a hypothetical, letā€™s assume whatever this is will be indestructible. Inception (today, just right now).

6 Likes

same

Easy. My Dells Big D Trickster. Itā€™s my grandfathers and when I got into collecting he gave it to me.

If I put on my Vulcan logic hat and throw away all the special and personally meaningful yo-yoā€™s then Iā€™d be left with my Atmos Ari. Bombproof titanium, side effects so I canā€™t truly strip it, easy enough to silicone by hand, hub cap options and plays like a beast. But Iā€™m not a Vulcan so you canā€™t make me chooseā€¦.

4 Likes

YYR Tone. Best performing yoyo for me and the type of throwing I do.

2 Likes

Reflection. Mainly because I wanted it to fit most of my preferences/things I look for out of my collection.

6 Likes

Itā€™s hard to narrow it down to just one yo-yo, the one Iā€™d like to choose doesnā€™t exactly exist: titanium Spiral Kappa with ultralight or whatever side effects give it the closest weight distribution to the aluminum version; Iā€™d ā€œsettleā€ for a side effect aluminum Kappa that plays the same or extremely close to the original too lol. Titanium for durability, side effects to avoid stripping, and the Kappa shape because itā€™s my favorite yo-yo. Failing that an unlimited supply of Kappas (in case of stripping) would satisfy me for life.

If I can break it up by category like others then itā€™d look something like:

• Plastic: SF PLSTC, runner up: C3 Speedaholic XX
  • Monometal: Spiral Kappa, runner ups: TP St. Elmo, Anti-Yo YWET, One Drop Panorama
  • BiMetal: MK1 Exia or TP Hinemosu
  • TriMetal (lol): Turning Point ASTer
  • Titanium: SPYY TYY-01 (sentimental reasons, it was my first Ti), TP Mustang (maybe Grade 5 Mustang for that middle spot between the OG and ES), or maybe YYR Dazzler
10 Likes

Lathed Back Design Lagrange with different rims.

Itā€™d cover my unresponsive, responsive, fixed axle, 5a and even 4a needs in a pinch.

Itā€™s as close to a ā€œdo everythingā€ yoyo Iā€™ve found so far.

3 Likes

For me I would pick my Zerogravity El Mijo!
Different bearings comfortable and pocket friendly are my main reasons.

3 Likes

Curious which monos?

Motion Yoyo - Perpetual (motion)

This is my YoYo; a reflection of everything I loved about all the throws I had been given the privilege to throw. A look into what I feel is the best specs for a yoyo. If someone gave you the opportunity to build your perfect yoyo - this is what mine looks like.

8 Likes

Marmont Classic, Atmos Noah, General-yo Prestige.

2 Likes

Thesis Invictus. This is subject to change lol but this is the one I always come back to when wanting to learn new tricks. Got one at home and one at work so there is always one in arms reach. It feels a little heavier than most other throws I have but still plays great for me.

1 Like

I agree with you:
I stay with the Dale!
Because I find it extremely satisfying to play with him:It is the most pleasant to throw from my entire collectionā€¦(More even than the Grail,the Panorama and the Furn;)

2 Likes

As a lot of you might have guessed.
Why: Fast, powerful, comfy, good looking and so on

9 Likes

Man, this is always a tough question. Iā€™m really biased toward the yoyos I supplied strings for or helped make in some way, but those are usually really small runs that arenā€™t available anymore so it doesnā€™t do anyone any good if they canā€™t buy that yoyo.

I like how @Isaac split it up into categories. Iā€™d say mine are:

Plastic: Skyva
Monometal: Daredevil (@GWAY_Throws), runner ups: PWRhouse (@TSAF), Muse (Circle City), Moldy Bread (Freshly Dirty)
Bimetal: Warhawk (Circle City), but if I take away my biases I think Iā€™d actually go with the Duncan Orbital GTX. That throw is insanely good, and itā€™s one I always pick up again and again.
Wood: Turner (TMBR)

Itā€™s such a tough decision because I love every yoyo in my collection for different reasons. I think if I was forced to sell every yoyo in my collection except 1, Iā€™d keep the Warhawk. But if I was recommending just one yoyo in my collection to a friend who wanted one yoyo to last forever, Iā€™d probably say the Orbital GTX. But if I was recommending just one yoyo entirely based on how fun it is to play rather than performance, it would be the Moldy Bread or the Daredevil.

Idk man, thereā€™s a reason I collect yoyos rather than only keeping one :joy:

5 Likes

I would have my Shutter Wide Angle. It is definitely one of the most versatile throws I own.

5 Likes

have u tried mustang grade 5? how does it play?

Atmos Khuno. Bi-Metal, SEs, can handle any trick and you can even put caps in it.

7 Likes