one yoyo for a year

Yes I can. I’ll make a vid if ya like, I love my DJ!!!

On your brother’s DJ?

I have one too :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve had one since like Jan. Ask Matt, I threw that thing non stop for about 2 weeks, put down my metals even! Responsive play is SO much fuN!

definitly get a velocity, dude. its an amazing yoyo for $20. but your also gonna need lots of strings

Get a yoyo that does not use pads or silicone. Velocity is great. And strings… you should probably make your own. It costs me around… 3 cents per string? Just buy some Dual Duty Polyester Sewing Thread, get a drill, 2 nails, and a block of wood…

alright then, I’m settled with the velocity. I just can’t seem to get over that slim design. But for string, I can get ten polyester strings by yoyojam for two dollars, or I can get twenty cotton strings by yomega for the same price. Which one should I go for? I think I’ll get the lube anyways, I’ll save money on my next yoyo (next year).

You should go with the polyester, it lasts longer and I think in IMO that’s it’s better than cotton. And Yomega puts this weird baby powder all over their string, which is weird.

if your trying a different look
i suggest getting the 6 string different colors pack
get 1 cotton and 1 polyester
ive ordered 2 poly 6 string for about $2.00
and ive lasted about 6 months on 3 strings
i would last a string 2 months at a time

Sub-Total - $4.00
Shipping - $5.00
TOTAL!!!-$9.00

Order some more if you like

Just get a 100 pack of polyester string. It’s a great value at $9.99 and will last you a long time. You’ll find the better you get, the more often you’ll want/have to change your string.

run your bearing dry (no lube)

Or you can use trumpet valve lube… or sewing machine lube… and if you really don’t like the shape of a velocity, don’t get it.

Velocity :-\ i would get the new dm2

dm2 is unresponsive

velocity can be any level of responsiveness9+ starburst will not wear down as fast as silicone

There’s a slim bearing, with that gap, making it responsive shouldn’t be hard.

He’s totally right. Get a velocity, practice hard, show them a couple cool tricks, maybe compete, and they’ll know you’re serious about yoyoing and they’ll get you a more expensive yoyo

I’m on my fourth month, I’m into the master tricks, and I have an 888x/ordering a half and half because I showed them I’m serious about this :smiley:

You shouldn’t expect your parents to ever buy the yoyo’s for you though, lol

um the dm2 is silicone and so is the velocity

velocity is FAST response

im happy to see your getting a velocity :slight_smile: the velocity really packs a punch for $20

but, if your serious about yoyoing, 10 or 20 strings, depending on how much you play, might or might not last you a year. i tend to change my string every 2-3 days.

100 pack = 100st
avg string change = 2.5d
yr = 365d

100st*2.5d = 250d

i usually go through a 100 pack in about 225-270 days. if your gonna only have 10 strings your gonna be changing it every 37 days. string is definitly something to consider.
hopefully you’ll figure it out :slight_smile:

Version 3 has a pad response. It’s very snappy and makes tight binds and seems to last a long time.

YYF Velocity Stats:
Diameter: 2.20"
Width: 1.41"
Response System: Adjustable ‘Skinny’ K-Pad
Weight: 62.4 grams
Bearing Size: Size A

Straight from the yoyoexpert store.

It’s not all that slim. It’s just barely shy of being as wide as a Freehand Zero (which is your basic standard for a full-size yoyo) and the diameter is about the same. I think the H shape gives the illusion of slimness. I thought it would be smaller than it is when I ordered mine, but I was wrong.