hi guys, quick question?

Whats up guys my name’s JJ and I’m a noobie and have been seriously yoyoing for about 2 months now with a duncan mosqouito. I"m starting to move on to tricks like the matrix and plastic whip. Anyway I"ve got about 20$ - 30$ to spend on a good 1A yoyo and wanted to get some opinions on what to buy. Thanks alot!!!

the yoyojam legacy is a good choice or the yoyofactory plastics around your price range would be good as well.

^ exactly what he said. Any of the YYJ plastics should do you fine. I’d maybe look at getting a velocity, journey, or if you want to up your price range by $10, then maybe think about the Dark Magic.

Can you scrounge up another 10 bucks?
If so I suggest strongly getting a DM this yoyo will see you the way through pretty much every trick on here, but if not probally look at getting a a legacy or a lyn fury.

I would have to say that the yyj plastics would be your best bets

Kickside
Speedmaker
Lyn Fury

My friends and i all started with these! i started with a speedmaker, another friend started with a lyn fury and another started with a kickside. they all 3 make great yoyos! best of luck choosing!

Yup! Like everyone said, any of the yoyojam plastics would suit you great, but if not go for the velocity.

Personally, I have a YYJ Speedmaker and they’re AMAZING! They will get you pass almost every single trick on the trick list, as long as you got your sleeper down.

If you can bind, then I suggest the YYJ Legacy. It’s modeled after the popular Dark Magic. It’s built for learning bind returns and will come out of the box unresponsive. It will also make grinds easier to do.

LEGACY, get one. ;D

;Dreally, just get a legacy ;D

get a legacy in my opinion it better than a dark magic

i agree with every u really dont need an expensive yoyo like right i have the legacy and that would be good i recomend the yyj legacy

well if you can bind and you are looking for something more advanced you could get a PGM or a ProtoStar. if you want to learn to bind and haven’t yet, go for the legacy or some yyj metal rim for $10 more

thanks for the advice guys i’m leaning towards the yyjam legacy after hearing all the opinions (time to learn binding!!!) maybe my next purchase will be a dark magic

Great Choice!! :smiley:

The Journey’s also a great choice. It’s an EXTREMELY underated yoyo in my opinion. Break in the bearing and maybe buy some shims and it will pay just as good as the Legacy.

for just a little bit more (35 dollars), you could get a protostar or a grind machine (they require binds)…and they are the best yoyos under 40 dollars I have ever touched to be honest…i had a gm and am sorry i got rid of it…as for the protostar…my christmas money will be used to buy that hopefully!

maybe i’ll get a protostar after the legacy instead of the dark magic ,they look awesome!!

ProtoStars are sooo amazing. But I’m sure you’ll be happy with what ever you get.