one yoyo for a year

I know, I just kept the ratio down to the amount they were selling. My birthday’s in five days! Can’t wait! But dare I ask again, what’s the spin time on the velocity? I saw a video of the stock veloctiy’s sleep time, and was not much longer than I can get my fireball to sleep.

(EDIT) Ive searched for the dm2, and nothing popped up about a yoyo.

Don’t believe in spin time videos!!!

It’s their throw. And I mean… it’s STOCK. And if you break in the bearing, it will spin more longer.

Don’t worry about the spin time though. It’s about how many tricks you can do while the yoyo is spinning.

And for the DM2, nothing popped up about it because it’s a new release yoyo.

:slight_smile:

Well said.

No yo-yo is the same, remember that. No player is the same, keep that in mind. How the yo-yo plays is how you play.

The DM2 is pretty new and I’m pretty sure not many people have gotten to buying it yet. Don’t worry about spin time because stock spin time never was any good.

Here’s everything you need for a year:
This and this.

100 strings MIGHT last you for a year, usually they last me around 5-6 months.
And the ProtoStar is all you really need from beginner to pro.

the new dark magic seems like a revolution. Yeah, I know they’re stock, that’s why I whatch them. I can’t afford a new bearing. Whell I can, but only stock bearings.

dont worry about new bearings, stock bearings work fine. i tried out my friends velocity which is stock and it sleeps as long as a dark magic.

today is my birthday!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: so far I only have fifteen though. :frowning: >:(

now you have 35
15 from urself
20 from your parents
ENOUGH TO BUY THE GM2
so lucky

get die-nasty its cheap and it works preety good

for its price

Get the the dark magic II. You could also make your own string which is cheaper. You should also buy YYJ thin lube.

i would suggest Dark Magic… its the only one i own. and im perfectly happy with it. the only reason i want a second yoyo is for hubstacks

a gm 2 is one of the most rare and sought after yoyos in the world…

I think you mean the PGM v2… ::slight_smile:

This is what I think.

You are NOT going to have only ONE yoyo for a year.

As you get better, your parents will be like “Woah, what just happened?!?!”

Causing them to be really inspired and they’ll buy you something that you really want. Especially for like a talent show, if they know you’re competing, they’ll be inspired, and probably buy you some needed accessories and all that.

And oh yeah… This quote might also inspire your parents…

[quote=Paolo]Everyone pays a lot for what they like.
[/quote]
But since school roughly started right now, focus on school more. Yeah. Get those straight A’s.
Just yoyo maybe if you don’t have homework… ;D

The future might change, just sayin’.

What if somebody just -gave- you a yo-yo? would they be cool with that?

If so, send me a PM with an address and I’ll send you something :slight_smile:

I see so many posts with kids complaining that their [insert over priced metal yoyo here] doesn’t do tricks well enough and that they’re going to buy [insert over priced metal yoyo here], it’s nice to see somebody actually making an effort to save their own money to buy something.

When I started reading this post, I assumed you were going to say they couldn’t afford [insert over priced metal yoyo here] and that you needed one to do tricks, and I was all ready to give you crap for it… then I read it and realized you were being perfectly reasonable and just wanted a workable yoyo. I happen to have a truly absurd number of yo-yos laying around that have collected over the years, I figured I could just do something nice with one of them and help you out… if you’re parents are ok with it.

Kyle

i have to work for a month and a half to get any [insert over priced metal yoyo here] i want, i find it more enjoyable to work really hard to get one then getting one as a gift

well I was stupid for not posting in this thread, but I alredy got a Kickside with my birthday money. I got enough money, but a HUGE amount of gift card money, enough to convince my parents to let me get another yoyo in a year. so yeah, that issue is gone. No thanks Kyle, I’ve got enough virtual money for my yo-yo needs. And for Vivo, I learn tricks at a pretty good pace, and show my parents the tricks I learn (barrel rolls, mach 5), and they do get impressed. But they think that I can do all the tricks in the world with a kickside. And they never listen to me when I explain to them about yo-yo science and needs like response types, responsiveness and stability. Also could you guys recommend some quiet yo-yos? because my parents and sister get annoyed at my noisy kickside.

Metals are the most quiet.

But since school roughly started right now, focus on school more. Yeah. Get those straight A’s.
Just yoyo maybe if you don’t have homework… ;D

The future might change, just sayin’.
[/quote]
I would focus on doing your homework a lot. Then you could use that as an excuse. For example, you could say something like, “I have been working so hard in school and im focused, with my yoyo, getting another one would be better, it could help me focus”? something like that.