one yoyo for a year

yes these things are beast if you get weight rings and a v shape

Iā€™ve noticed that there are a lot of recommendations and people are saying that he should get a yo-yo plus accessories.

Iā€™m sure the reason why your parents are stingy on a 20 dollar yo-yo is that itā€™s a lot of money for something they arenā€™t sure you are serious about. Start small like the velocity and string and then show them that you are serious. Then they wonā€™t have to worry. You are on a budget right?

I think thatā€™s a good idea chris. Iā€™m kind of gambling on how much Iā€™ll get. I have no idea on what Iā€™ll actually earn. Oh, and Iā€™m already getting paid for chores, but they donā€™t let me spend that. :frowning:

get the velocity! iā€™m not big into yoyofactory, but the velocity is good for learning. making the gap smaller can really smooth out your tricks. i have a flying v and its been responsive for quite some time, doin that has helped my throws and its made me smoother. also the velocity is a good yoyo to learn to bind on. you WILL need string, a string might last a week if you use it for about 2-3 hours a day.

Get a velocity and some string. (donā€™t lube it, you wonā€™t need to)
Work on getting it to play responsive and learn to bind. You can gradually get there with the velocity.

Review - http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=100

In 6 months, they will see how good you have gotten and may loosen up the restrictions a bit.

1,000 pack is around 100 bucks.

the velocity sounds pretty appropriate. Whatā€™s the spin time on those things? Do any of you know a good review on it?

spin time is enough at least

Lyn fury-$14
gasket maker-$5
100 poly strings-$11

catching your first suicide-Priceless
(I just had to!)

total:$30 dollars

(If your parents say no, pm me, Yoyoing improved my handwriting IMMENSELY)

Donā€™t get a dark magic. Unless you want to spend another ten bucks on buying a bearing, do not get it. A protostar is way better and 5 bucks less. Donā€™t get me wrong the DM is a great yoyo but the stock bearing will crap out on you in a couple months. I really reccomend either a protostar or a velocity

haha. Thatā€™s funny, I was actually thinking of getting a dm before this post lol. (thatā€™s my first lol! Second one) now Iā€™m deciding between the legacy and velocity

velocity, its adaptable and:

thats a velocity

that doesnt mean that the yoyo is good it just means that the yoyoer is

ah, but it is showing in the right hands, a velocity can be as good as a metal

Very true. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTN4-EnZ6bQ Same combo he did on the Superstar.

psst, I posted that 5 posts up :wink:

lol

Iā€™d have to agree with the Velocity. I started with a speedmaker, and I learned fine, but later I bought my sister a velocity. Then I crapped my pants. I shouldve gotten one, they are so great!

I was watching ashley do walk the dog, then I picked it up, turned the dials, and I was doing (most of) my tricks with no snags, or anything!

Best beginner yoyo out there. Period.

but the question is, can you land soiled panties on a stock DJ?

Velocity and strings. Thatā€™s all youā€™ll need. I have 25 or so yoyos including a Dark Magic and a Legacy. I keep a Velocity in my bag that I carry to work despite the fact that I could take any of my throws. I can throw pretty much anything I like with it. Itā€™s stable, very durable, and a great all around throw. You can grind with it as well because the surface has a sort of beadblasted finish. Not to mention, YoYoFactory makes great, long-spinning bearings. The adjustable response also makes it shareable. If someone wants to try it out, you can adjust the response to suit their needs. Thatā€™s another great way to spread the joy of yoyo.